Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vango AirAway Kela & Sapera awnings

Just thought I would add to this post, I have now bought the Sapera Standard, and am very pleased with it..... please see some quick observations off the top of my head...

Pros - Quick to erect, Very Spacious, Tension Beam System seems really good, very stable with these attached in 30-40 mph winds, lovely windows with a very clever and yet simple curtain arrangement as seen in the video.

Cons - Perhaps slightly big for some sites, Rubbish pegs that don't even fit the D-rings on some of the tie downs, not a flush fit with the Cali if you have an awning and use the Kador Strip for fixing, and expensive.

As I said, above we are really pleased with this drive away awning, it has already changed the way we think about using the Cali!!

If we have the space, I intend to bring it along to COTF, and so anybody that would like a look around is more than welcome!

Cheers

James

Re: Vango AirAway Kela & Sapera awnings

redredzimmer said:
Just thought I would add to this post, I have now bought the Sapera Standard, and am very pleased with it..... please see some quick observations off the top of my head...

Pros - Quick to erect, Very Spacious, Tension Beam System seems really good, very stable with these attached in 30-40 mph winds, lovely windows with a very clever and yet simple curtain arrangement as seen in the video.

Cons - Perhaps slightly big for some sites, Rubbish pegs that don't even fit the D-rings on some of the tie downs, not a flush fit with the Cali if you have an awning and use the Kador Strip for fixing, and expensive.

As I said, above we are really pleased with this drive away awning, it has already changed the way we think about using the Cali!!

If we have the space, I intend to bring it along to COTF, and so anybody that would like a look around is more than welcome!

Cheers

James

Nice one James it will be good to see different awnings that the members are using other than the usual :)

Hi guys,
Used my Sapera for the first time last weekend and I have to say James is spot on with his review. The first thing I'm changing are the pegs!! It is huge too! OK for 2 of us for a weekend but I'm going to get something smaller as a shelter - like a Vango adventure tarp and attach that to cook/sit under when I'm out on my own and sleeping in the van. (I haven't got an awning attached to the van) I almost wish I'd gone for the Kela but then you lose flexibility and 2 doors!!
Cheers,
Steve

Hi I have just got a sapera and put it out just once. I used a kador strip and figure of 8 connecting the to the van, I felt that this was all too close to the electric sliding door, was wondering if I could velcro around the awning housing giving more height?
4 minutes to erect :lol: an hour for first attempt but I like it. But need another inner sleeper ?

I have my awning out around 5-6 inchs and this provides enough clearance for the sliding door!!... also, top tip..... do you need to connect to your awning?? I have often seen people who just drive up against their awning!.... particularly in good weather!

Hi All, just bought a used Cali this weekend (woo-hoo!) and it came with the Sapera standard driveaway. I think I have it in my head but am interested to see a video of options for connecting it to the awning. The video link above is unavailable. Has anyone got any other video links they can share please? Cheers.