Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vanstyle Front Chrome (Lower) for T6 vs OEM VW?

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
Hi Everyone

As the title says - any views on the difference in quality and fit between these two?

The Vanstyle one is c.£35 and the genuine VW one can be had for c.£95, which is a considerable amount more.

Just keen to have the nice chrome strip across the front of my Cali (as per the chrome pack).

Thanks

Pictures would be good to see as i´m not quite sure which style you´re on about.

Hi Everyone

As the title says - any views on the difference in quality and fit between these two?

The Vanstyle one is c.£35 and the genuine VW one can be had for c.£95, which is a considerable amount more.

Just keen to have the nice chrome strip across the front of my Cali (as per the chrome pack).

Thanks
Can't comment on differences in quality but I would be interested in buying one for c.£35 but they are £81.00 on the vanstyle website as far as I can see. What's your source of have I got the wrong bit?

The vanstyle stainless appears to glue on top of existing grill. The VW one is ABS not stainless and clips in replacing the black plastic trim. Vanstyle do the OEM parts for £81 don't they?

itguy, I opted for the OEM VW chrome strip and am pleased with the results. Only takes a few moments to fit, clip off the origional black plastic strip and clip in the new chrome one:thumb

I've been thinking about one of these, or even a red one! I can't decide. It did just strike me that if they came as chrome as standard, I'd bet there would be a nice after market for black ones!

Just put a set of vanstyle lower strip cannot fault and are indistinguishable from oem once on. £60 saved. They clip in just like vw

Just put a set of vanstyle lower strip cannot fault and are indistinguishable from oem once on. £60 saved. They clip in just like vw
correct but mine didn't last very long until the chrome started peeling off so i opted for VW ones and they are still fine to this day......you pays yer money....

How do you get vw ones? Dealer? Do they do side chrome ones as well?