Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chrome pack option - removal

Abx

Abx

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I'm currently on the search for a T6 Ocean, many of them out there seem to have the chrome pack option, which personally I'm not a fan of.

Does this consist of a strip on the front at the bottom of the bumper, along each side and lower tailgate?

I can wrap the the front piece but are the sides and rear just stuck on or are the fixed in any other way, as I'd be keen to remove and go for the 'clean' look.

Thanks

The front lower grill strip is in three sections. Each are clip on. I actually have a brand new set in bog standard black plastic that I removed from our new Beach when I fitted chrome ones if you're interested.

The chrome side and tailgate strips are stuck on. You will need to have a word with a VW approved body shop. They sometimes have to remove these when they do repair work so they may have some means of doing it without causing paint damage.

Ah thanks that’s good to know, hopefully some heat, fishing line and a toffee wheel will do the job then, I was just concerned that we’re permanent.

Thanks for the reply.
Arron

Not got a Cali yet but once I track one down will reach out if I’m in need of the black trim.

I had the same, the side and back strips are just stuck on. I got a body shop to remove them when I was having some paintwork done.

Reactions: Abx
Back