Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VDub Island, Isle of Wight - Aug 12

S

Stu

Guest User
Just got an email from C&CC regarding this event. To be honest it's the first I've heard of it and it's actually not that long til it's on.

This link will take you to a page where you can have the chance to enter a competition for free tickets and find out about the show.

Anyone planning to go??

I hadn't heard of it until I got the mail either. You need to be a member to enter by the way.

But will certainly go if we win!

We got alot going from my Vw club in Kent that I'm the supposed chairman of .. Lol ... It's the 2nd year of running and I'm still slightly hesitant ,as it could go either way ... The field is going to be a mass of mid still from the bestival and the rain seems to love the wight area ...
Got a camp out week before and week after then forum meet ,so may save afew hundred squids ...

What's the chances!!

Got a call today and we've won 2 tickets :barmy

Thanks.

Have checked IOW ferry prices and it looks not to bad at £57 return so I think subject to the weather we'll give it a look.

Be good to hear how it goes Stu, maybe one for the club calendar for next year.

Quite a late arrival 10.30 ish, so it's been a bit challenging so far.

First impressions -

I've just driven into a disco!!

There is no organisation, park wherever you like.

There are some showers, £2 a shot and I can see them being busy. Limited opening times.

There is a VERY strong smell of grass and it's not the stuff underfoot. :laugh2

We'll see what daylight brings tomorrow. I did spot one or two Cali's, saw a 12 plate right near the entrance.

:laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2

nice one fella......some of my fellow kentish v-dub klub members are there flying the flags for kent. i was meant to be going ,but this is the first weekend doing jobs at home since getting the berg .....
Had some photo's sent and the weather today not looking great ,so it maybe flip flop to wellies .????
It's a vw fest stu,so there is no real kind or order when parking ,camping and chilling old skool dubbers have turned it into an art form :thumb :thumb .....enjoy ..... :rofl

We've seen the van painted up with an advert for a Kent show Lee.

I think I may have been a bit hasty last night. Sure there was a big party atmosphere, but what a shock when we got up this morning and realised the avarage age wasn't 16 as the music had indicated but more like 35 - 40 and with lots of families :laugh2

We went out on an organised drive around the island this morning, almost in convoy with the other FL Cali that's here, which was great and very well attended.

All the people here have been really friendly and I'd certainly consider coming back again.

There is a great shower block which is a converted 40ft lorry trailer which houses some of the cleanest and nicest showers we've used. There is of course a queue at peak times but it soon clears and there is a £2 charge which is not unreasonable.

Quite a large number of the pitches have hook up but this is £15/night which I think is quite expensive and I don't think in a Cali you really need it.

Discounted ferry fare from Southampton was £57.00 return.

I'll upload some pics in a bit.

We're looking forward to what tonight brings :rofl

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

We were slightly gutted about not going,as we was going Friday morning till Monday morning and with every other weekend booked it was hard with work keep stealing days off and needing to sort jobs out to finish ..I didn't want to travel all that way for just sat & sun... Probably next year ... The Kent boys ate holding the fort while el prezidenta isn't there .... Lol

Maybe a Cali meet next year :)

Well what can I say??

Such an amazing festival, it's like nothing else I've seen before. I've just been stood in a marquee with a live band on stage playing (albeit scar which is not my thing), people of all ages around, enjoying themselves and the atmosphere is electric.

Had some great chats with other enthusiasts, many of which were really interested in looking around our bus.

Karl (<2 yr old) has been enjoying playing with the numerous other kids around and has really enjoyed himself.

I'd say a firm favourite for a meet next year.

I had massive interest in the berg at the Kent v-dub festival last week ...I think because it's the first camper that Vw have made themselves and it makes a change from a split or a bay :)

Back