Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Versatility of a Cali

TwoTone-BayLeaf

TwoTone-BayLeaf

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I know I am preaching to the converted but the versatility of the cali amazes me.

1) Commute
- day to day I use it to drive to work, just started a new role bit further away and the drive is a dream, easy to park also.

2) Camping in horrible weather
- last weekend was my first trip in really bad weather, 50mph+ winds overnight. My set up is easy, less than 5 mins, awning and side panels. So a 10pm decision to put the roof down before the winds arrived was easy. Easy set up again the next day.

3) The day van
- long drive (4-5 hours) to legoland with 2 young kids, fridge with snacks, quilts and pillows, kept the kids happy and me sane

The best thing I ever did was buying a cali.

Same here.

But imagine if you had bought a beach how much better it would have been, you could have filled your van full of crap and gone to the dump and acted as a taxi service for all the neighbours kids as well!!

Thought I’d just get that out there before all the jealous beach owners jump on the thread.

Oh yes, we love a brew sat in the car park just before or after the food shop…… never need an excuse :thumb

Oh yes, we love a brew sat in the car park just before or after the food shop…… never need an excuse :thumb
Strange isn’t it, could always have done that in the car before along with one of those small camping stoves, but never did. Yet every weekend we park up somewhere mid-journey for a brew and a walk - it’s certainly introduced a nice change in pace of life.

Did you check your spare wheel was still there after the visit?
Ha, I had seen a few posts about that and it was in the back of my mind. The wheel survived the trip....

Back