Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Correct July 2015!

No problem at all showing earlyer taken pics , i do the same was just referring @motacyclist about the weather ....guess nowhere in Europe it got that hot last two weeks.

Since we are getting off-topic i trow in a pic from a trip in France last year in august to compensate...
image.jpeg

That looks very much like the road from Eaux Bonne to Argeles in the Pyrenees HC ??

B3wlgL.jpg

nQZdrm.jpg

Cize-Bolozon viaduct - Bresse, France

Last edited:
That looks very much like the road from Eaux Bonne to Argeles in the Pyrenees HC ??

Nope never been that direction , actually never been near the pyrenees with the Cali!
Have to look it up , can't say out of the blue where i took it...

Looks like Nessie showing up threre...

Looks really nice! Is this on a official camping?

Guess it is roadside parked up , but sometimes you need no more than just that;)

Looks like Nessie showing up threre...
Yes, it's a fountain but wasn't switched on when we were there.

From Wikipedia:-
The lake houses a sculpture of a water serpent and leaping carp, the scales of which are made of thousands of copper plates initialled by local people and visitors during construction of the work.

We've seen it switched on the in past and it's quite a sight. Worth dropping by "Doddy Wells" as we call it on your forthcoming trip up to North Wales :thumb

Yes, it's just on the roadside, which circles the lake. People do wild camp there though.

(Don't tell anyone, but we were staying in the Metropole Hotel :mute)

Yes, it's just on the roadside, which circles the lake. People do wild camp there though.

(Don't tell anyone, but we were staying in the Metropole Hotel :mute)
Wow you guys are getting the most out of your van. Have you sold the house already?
Great pics. I'm getting itchy feet. We've been having glorious weather up here but everywhere ~I wanted to visit had bad forecasts so stayed home :( maybe we should go camp on the driveway... the dogs won't care where we are so long as we're in the van together :)

Back home now and out with our granddaughter at the Dee Estuary, Parkgate on the Wirral :)
IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

'ello ello ello, what's all this then?
IMG_0755.jpg
Cup of tea for Plod? :D

PS: Would you believe it, they were taking selfies down on the marsh? :confused:
IMG_0754.jpg

And they're off.
Well they would be if there was any here.
Staying tonight at Fakenham Race Course camp site, very good facilities and very quiet.

Looks like you're the winners! :) (They go even faster with the roof down:D)

Staying at Bircham wind mill tonight.
This is the view of the campsite from the top of the mill, only us here.

I think you must be using the wrong deodorant! :D

(Where do you buy it from? I want some) :confused:)

Wednesday somewhere in France
View attachment 13125
Yesterday
At Lac de Chamboux in Bourgondie, 500m altitude
View attachment 13126
This morning same spot when we woke up afther a night with 0 degr.celcius.
View attachment 13127

This evening a campsite beside the river Rhone , Tournon sur Rhone in the Ardeche
View attachment 13128
View attachment 13129
I know that campsite Hotel. Lovely spot Tournon. Home of St Joseph wine. And there is a little steam train nearby that goes up into the mountains through a campsite, Camping le Catelet, where we often stay. It's a family site and gets full, but, at 10 o'clock in the morning, as the train whistle echoes across the valley and you sip your wine and cook your eggs and bacon for breakfast it is heaven in the sun!