Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Ned's Point, Donegal. Lough Swilly in the background. First time across the border in a long time!
739c891fc6e95261d302144a9d06ff02.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Ned's Point, Donegal. Lough Swilly in the background. First time across the border in a long time!
739c891fc6e95261d302144a9d06ff02.jpg

Blast from the past. My dad was from there, literally just up the road. Many childhood memories, playing at the point and fort. Not been for years.

Blast from the past. My dad was from there, literally just up the road. Many childhood memories, playing at the point and fort. Not been for years.
It's a lovely spot.

Our first visit to a local CMC affiliated site for a few nights, and first try out of the wind out canopy and Comfort side panels. Need tougher pegs for hardstanding ground and a large groundsheet, but other than that it was perfect.

View attachment 79338

View attachment 79339

View attachment 79340
Do you have a link to the side panel kit? Looks ace. How quick was it to erect? Are guy ropes included to secure it in stiff winds?

Do you have a link to the side panel kit? Looks ace. How quick was it to erect? Are guy ropes included to secure it in stiff winds?
Got it from Club shop.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-california-awning-kit-camping-room

No guy ropes included, but lots of pegs and small bungee ties. We didn't use a tie-down as it was very still where we were (we did double peg the canopy legs though), but had our own to use if needed.

Very easy to erect, end panels zip over the existing canopy roof supports, the side panel slots into the canopy guide rail. Took about 5 mins to put up, but about 20 mins to peg into hard ground !!

Anyone got any pics with the Comfort awning room infill panels and how they have been fitted. Something we didn't buy, but considering getting them to eliminate the end panel gaps..

How is the site? @Melanie Day
We’re staying at Cheddar soon with some walking and cycling planned.
It's lovely, easy to walk into cheddar which has lots of shops, food places, etc

Really efficient site, friendly warden, clean and tidy.

Other campers friendly, mainly caravans nice and spacious pitches.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Was in the far NW of Scotland - in Sutherland and Assynt. This was the first time I've used my van for a more extended trip - 4 nights away - 1 of which was in a campsite and it was fantastic as a base for hillwalking - everything I hoped for really.

Saw quite a few Cali's around - hope others from on here were enjoying the amazing, midge-free weather :)

PXL_20210528_211147680.jpg

PXL_20210528_050235254.jpg

DSC03616.jpg

DSC03654.jpg
DSC03674.jpg

PXL_20210528_104342901.jpg

Oh - and I worked out what the big zip-out panel in the roof is used for:

PXL_20210529_202533097.jpg

Was in the far NW of Scotland - in Sutherland and Assynt. This was the first time I've used my van for a more extended trip - 4 nights away - 1 of which was in a campsite and it was fantastic as a base for hillwalking - everything I hoped for really.

Saw quite a few Cali's around - hope others from on here were enjoying the amazing, midge-free weather :)

View attachment 79378

View attachment 79376

View attachment 79372

View attachment 79373
View attachment 79374

View attachment 79377

Oh - and I worked out what the big zip-out panel in the roof is used for:

View attachment 79379
Cracking photos. Such a superb area.

6B47750B-9F3D-435E-9F79-3448F487EE9C.jpeg
Lovely morning view from the campsite at the ‘National Showcaves’ in Brecon Beacons / South Wales. Second wake-up of a 2-night stay. Lots to do within walking distance - amazing natural caves to explore with dinosaur park incorporated to hype up the kids. Plus an interactive farm and shire horse stables. Highly recommended for young families (and hill walkers)

Morvich C&MH club site at 10.30pm stays light late here! The midges are just starting to come out!

On tour of Scotland, on a real test of the new T6.1 van. Faults so far:
Sagging roof.
Burner nearest fridge won’t stay lit - suspect thermocouple not connected.
Manual mode on gearbox doesn’t work! Won’t change up a gear even at 3000rpm
Fortunately we do have sports mode and that does work. 779C340D-D377-4EB4-BB44-DE09CD5C066A.jpeg