Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

See you there come rain or shine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And who'd have thought it ? in spite of completely different itineraries, @Sindidziwa and myself actually parked up at the same place on the same day......it was nice to meet you :)
And of course, the view from the van at Horgabost on SW Harris
C2138CB6-0C8C-4E63-9C2B-26F90F6D53EC.jpeg 5FBFC848-70BD-43CB-95EB-5B5B6B58DE96.jpeg

@California7 , did you put on a personal thouch on that front bumper ?

Hey verity. We went for the day, but there was a couple next to us in a Westy that had been there the two previous nights. They paid a fiver a night apparently. No hook up obviously but the view of the ocean. Wow.
We have planned to go back soon and stay a few nights. Well worth it and we found it by accident! There are also a few places near us going up towards Southport, formby and ainsdale beaches however I’m unsure if bedding down for the night is allowed.
There should definitely be a club meet organised on black rock beach before the summer is out for us northeners :cheers

Hey verity. We went for the day, but there was a couple next to us in a Westy that had been there the two previous nights. They paid a fiver a night apparently. No hook up obviously but the view of the ocean. Wow.
We have planned to go back soon and stay a few nights. Well worth it and we found it by accident! There are also a few places near us going up towards Southport, formby and ainsdale beaches however I’m unsure if bedding down for the night is allowed.
There should definitely be a club meet organised on black rock beach before the summer is out for us northeners :cheers
Checkin' it out later today, as the sun is trying to poke through. Thanks for the intel!

View attachment 32747 Today - Lunch stop in the New Forest on the way back from a lovely few days in Dorset..
I see you have roof bars, do you ever use a roof box or is it for something else, intersted as have a roof box for my other car was unsure about using on California as wondered if roof will stay open with Box on if empty?

I see you have roof bars, do you ever use a roof box or is it for something else, intersted as have a roof box for my other car was unsure about using on California as wondered if roof will stay open with Box on if empty?
I use the roof bars for my kayak and canoe, there shouldn’t be an issue with the roof staying open if you keep within the Load limit which from memory is 60Kg..

I got the low profile aero bars from the club shop, I haven’t noticed an increase in wind noise, but I think some car parks will now be an issue..

Vinyl wrap?
Yes, oryx white with matte metallic red wrap.

Sounds like air in the hydraulics to me. Should be a simple enough job for your mechanic. We had the same thing happen on a VW Passat TDI we once owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I understand it, its a hydraulic clutch (no old fashioned cable) and shares the same master cylinder - i.e. the brake master cylinder, as both require an incompressible liquid for them to work. Saves VW fitting two master cylinders when they can get away with one for the sake of some extra pipework. I had a similar problem on an Audi but same components... it was the hydraulic master cylinder just outside of warranty - it was £3k with labour & vat, I argued that it was a defect given the close proximity to warranty and Audi paid for it!
Good luck but sounds expensive !

Last edited by a moderator:

Black rock sands 001.jpg

We made it to Black Rock Sands. Amazing place. Almost deserted today. Lovely expansive sands. We had burgers for lunch followed by cups of tea and wagon wheels. What could be better?

Last edited by a moderator:
After a busy day working as a consultant visiting three customers I had lunch at 17.00 before a school meeting.
The cali is my safe haven and offers a non stressful place.
2018050409521251-IMG_6087-X3.jpg

The cali is my safe haven and offers a non stressful place.
2018050409521251-IMG_6087-X3.jpg

Great pic- what a place to have lunch on a work day! Similar to you albeit with a few more people around in West London, oh and no river, with a lot more cars however... its still a very mellow place to sit and work listening to the birds singing so I’ll take all I can get. I love mobile office life!
3665e60f802e42abb24a324a14d7d4f3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not my child /friend or relative so a cheeky snap hence the hidden identity in this crazy world.
But none the less a view from my Cali
IMG_4848.JPG