Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Nice one! Where are you right now?
Lake Thun/Thunersee? Brienzersee?

Last edited:
Yep you got in on the first guess, Lake Thun:thumb
Lovely spot but a bit noisy as it’s close to the main road.

As far as I remember theres the train rail and the road behind and not many spots right next to the lake?
However: Enjoy your stay here! Maybe you plan to drive by/close to the Lake Lucerne (1 or 2 spots)/Zug (1-2 parkings) or Lake Zurich (cp close to the city).

Yep you got in on the first guess, Lake Thun:thumb
Lovely spot but a bit noisy as it’s close to the main road.

Remote place:
91edb506921a9f91e613255fbf3fb270.jpg

As far as I remember theres the train rail and the road behind and not many spots right next to the lake?
However: Enjoy your stay here! Maybe you plan to drive by/close to the Lake Lucerne (1 or 2 spots)/Zug (1-2 parkings) or Lake Zurich (cp close to the city).
Yep, that’s the spot just using park4night app. Road was pretty quiet after 11pm (ish). Have moved to Faulensee to use showers, but everything is locked up and parking is free so guess you could stay here.

Ive been to Lake Lucerne, now heading other direction toward Geneva if you know any good spots on way.

I do need to get to France soon as running low on food/alcohol/fuel Switzerland is so expensive even Aldi!!!

On Wednesday night we parked the Cali at the edge of Painswick churchyard on our way to a concert in the village hall. The night was completely clear and there was a full moon with just a few clouds. The path was very icy on the way back.
20191211_190109.jpg
There are 99 Yew trees in the churchyard and a local tale says that if the 100th one is planted, it never takes.

There are 99 Yew trees in the churchyard and a local tale says that if the 100th one is planted, it never takes.
Yew trees were planted in churchyards for military purposes at around the time of Agincourt, 1415.

Yew is poisonous to many farm animals, and before the Inclosures [sic] Acts, farm animals roamed freely around villages. The only place in many villages that was enclosed was the churchyard, this was to prevent wild animals and feral dogs from digging up and eating the interred. Yew was grown in churchyards to reduce the risk of domestic animals being poisoned and as the best wood to make longbows.

Yew trees were planted in churchyards for military purposes at around the time of Agincourt, 1415.

Yew is poisonous to many farm animals, and before the Inclosures [sic] Acts, farm animals roamed freely around villages. The only place in many villages that was enclosed was the churchyard, this was to prevent wild animals and feral dogs from digging up and eating the interred. Yew was grown in churchyards to reduce the risk of domestic animals being poisoned and as the best wood to make longbows.
Very interesting.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

C618CF43-242D-409B-8AFA-98FC37C7152A.jpegOK so I got horribly stuck in deep soft very hot beach sand today in rural Mozambique.
Switched off Skid Control.
Engaged Diff-lock.
All 4 wheels churned under great strain. Alas, I wish this Cali had a low-range option.
For the first time ever I had a red warning on the dash with an audible tone too, showing "Stop - Gearbox Overheating!"
Anyways, it's good to know that warning feature is there.
With a bit of digging, some traction tracks, and of course the dear wife pushing, we got out & mobile again.

View attachment 53524OK so I got horribly stuck in deep soft very hot beach sand today in rural Mozambique.
Switched off Skid Control.
Engaged Diff-lock.
All 4 wheels churned under great strain. Alas, I wish this Cali had a low-range option.
For the first time ever I had a red warning on the dash with an audible tone too, showing "Stop - Gearbox Overheating!"
Anyways, it's good to know that warning feature is there.
With a bit of digging, some traction tracks, and of course the dear wife pushing, we got out & mobile again.
Wow! A Cali in Mozambique? Any place we can read more about your travels? Very nice pictures

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk