Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

fc569a6e9b9e2d410bf0dac08881eaee.jpg

On our way back from Elba, nice Movano in front of us!

Yes @GrumpyGranddad it has the chrome pack and its a MY21. I've noticed the following for MY21 so far. Inverter plug is now under the drivers seat (next to hand break) and does not have the diamond euro fitting. There is a sliding window on the sliding door and there is no air con vent in the glove box...

I love the colour - looks better than I thought it would!
Hi, you say there's now a sliding window in the sliding door is there still a sliding window above the sink and cooker?

Hi, you say there's now a sliding window in the sliding door is there still a sliding window above the sink and cooker?
The sliding window above the kitchenette is standard. There will always be a sliding window on that side because, when you cook, you have to open the window and the roof for draught.
Sliding window in the sliding door was always option. Maybe now this is standard too?

The sliding window above the kitchenette is standard. There will always be a sliding window on that side because, when you cook, you have to open the window and the roof for draught.
Sliding window in the sliding door was always option. Maybe now this is standard too?
Thanks that sounds sensible. It must be standard now since when I ordered our Ocean in May/June there was no option for a window in the sliding door. Our dealer has just sent us a picture of the van which has just arrived in the UK and it also has the sliding window in the door. Fingers crossed they don't leak!

Thanks that sounds sensible. It must be standard now since when I ordered our Ocean in May/June there was no option for a window in the sliding door. Our dealer has just sent us a picture of the van which has just arrived in the UK and it also has the sliding window in the door. Fingers crossed they don't leak!
Not from day one, but after a few years you can be sure it will.
The rubber will be flattened, dirty and dried out. And if the drains aren't clear, the water can't get out, and will get inside the van.
I had to clean my drains this week as the water kept coming in (heavy wind and rain from the left side of the van). I only found the front drain, must have a look for the rear drain. Thanks for the reminder! :happy

It was re-added as std on the Ocean in the July brochure for MY21 builds, which pleased me will provide I nice through draft...... will just need to source 2 fly screens now!

Cheers for the link, can they stay in when you shut the window, I believe there was one for T6 but doesn’t fit 6.1. I have read so much over the weeks since I ordered I am losing track of reality :D
I don't think they can be left in with closed sliding window, but the ones for the T5 and 6 can't either.

Playing with our new Cali after collecting it from the dealer - at Exmouth Seafront

View attachment 67445
Absolutely cracking picture ! Sky compliments the copper bronze Many thanks for some of your recent posts and pictures. They really help eg 3 pin inverter socket. I too have a van like yours chrome pack and paint job. I have the wooden plank floor and leather alcantara seat covers. Interested on your choice of any pop top covers. Especially if it comes from rainbow covers. Keep your stories and adventures coming. Ps I have a confirmed build date for my 4motion in week 43.

Cheers for the link, can they stay in when you shut the window, I believe there was one for T6 but doesn’t fit 6.1. I have read so much over the weeks since I ordered I am losing track of reality :D
We bought a fly net for the window and it's for the 6.1 and it says it can stay in all the time. It's from Maxxcamp ref: https://www.maxxcamp.de/product.aspx?WPParams=50C9D4C6C5D2E6BDA5A98195A498
Will fit it next week when we pick up our van and can let you know what I think of it.

We bought a fly net for the window and it's for the 6.1 and it says it can stay in all the time. It's from Maxxcamp ref: https://www.maxxcamp.de/product.aspx?WPParams=50C9D4C6C5D2E6BDA5A98195A498
Will fit it next week when we pick up our van and can let you know what I think of it.
That would be great thanks, I knew I’d seen one somewhere, looked at so much recently I don’t know my a#s* from my elbow. Maxxcamp are on my list for mossie nets, along with another if I can remember where! Definitely not Brandup!

That would be great thanks, I knew I’d seen one somewhere, looked at so much recently I don’t know my a#s* from my elbow. Maxxcamp are on my list for mossie nets, along with another if I can remember where! Definitely not Brandup!
We have bought the mossie door net as well so can tell you that that is like when we fit it.