Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Viewed a cali, water on floor behind passenger seat

Gazbibelots1860

Gazbibelots1860

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi there, viewed a used California (T5.1) this week, when I pulled the carpet/mat back behind the passenger seat, beside the sink not there was some light water on the flooring, the carpet wasn’t wet though, just the floor. I didn’t ask the seller, should have, I run the tap to test it, but can’t work out how water would have got under the rug.

Anyone come across this? Anything I should check if I go back?

Photo attached

Thanks

0D0E4559-BCE3-446F-8E54-5E3A3AA6932C.jpeg

Ah brilliant I’ll give it a search

In that area (assuming no damp carpet between front seats or footwell) I would be looking under the sink for leaks from the tap or waste.
The roof drain runs down the A pillar so I’d be surprised if it was that leaking.

Looking at the 'tide' mark and pattern of dampness my guess its from the sink area. Should be easy to test.

Just looked again and this is the area where we keep our bin. If the seller does the same maybe a leak from the bin or as others say, a leak from elsewhere. Given that a leak tends to peter out, I would wonder if the start is actually from the trim join area, then petering out towards the sink area, but would all need closer inspection. Either way, if the price is right, all eminently fixable for low cost. The drips on the join trim as well could indicate it's coming from above, rather than below.

Thanks all. It can't be coming from above as it was covered by the carpet (which was dry), looks like it's coming from under the sink from the image and also marries up with the fact that I tested the water a few mins before. Any recommendations for what/where I should check under the sink to look for the culprit, hoping for something I can fix easily myself

More likely to be a leaking sliding window above the sink. but sink or roof drains other possibilities.
have a feel above the waste water tank at the back of the under sink unit. If that is wet then probably the sliding window.
That can be improved with a clean of the seals and checking the window drains are unblocked, but it is a known weak point.

Back