Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Viewing pictures in Tapatalk

benArrayx

benArrayx

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi forum admins, I mainly use tapatalk to access their forum, and I noticed that when people upload pictures via the gallery, tapatalk does not display them, instead only showing the [GALLERY=xxx tag. This is quite frustrating since there are many posts where it's then impossible to see the pictures without switching to a browser/computer.

Presumably in a browser the gallery tag is handled client side, it would be great if you could change this so it's handled server side...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah and me

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Unfortunately the wisdom that is tapatalk they do not support 3rd party BBcode and therefore additions to the forum which generate anything other than normal BBcode they dont want to know about despite most forum admins complaining about it.

Tapatalk is nothing but a hassle for forum admins to support, but since alot of members use it and there is no reasonable alternative we are stuck with it.

So unfortunately this isnt a problem we can solve as its entirely down to tapatalk, or we completely take the functionality away for people to insert gallery images and make them manually insert the images into the post which really takes away the ease of use for all members.

Unfortunately the wisdom that is tapatalk they do not support 3rd party BBcode and therefore additions to the forum which generate anything other than normal BBcode they dont want to know about despite most forum admins complaining about it.

Tapatalk is nothing but a hassle for forum admins to support, but since alot of members use it and there is no reasonable alternative we are stuck with it.

So unfortunately this isnt a problem we can solve as its entirely down to tapatalk, or we completely take the functionality away for people to insert gallery images and make them manually insert the images into the post which really takes away the ease of use for all members.
Thanks. Then sounds like those using tapatalk continue as they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why don't you just make a change to the forum software to output the img tag instead of the BBCode? I speak from the point of view of being a developer...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back