Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Viktron 100/20 solar controller not charging leisure battery

kp64zl

kp64zl

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
It seems like my MPPT100/20 has stopped charging my leisure battery in my campervan, so I am asking for some advice as what to do next.

The solar controller is new (installed early April 2019) and is running firmware version 1.39 (not updated since installation).

As you can see from the images below -- no charging of leisure battery for last 6 days, despite good output from the solar panels (two x 120 watts).

Battery only used very lightly (just for a 12v fridge) as I'm at home using the van as a daily driver --

On the controller itself there is a single blue flashing light (manuals states that this means 'not charging')

Any help most appreciated, thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 07.24.49.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-13 at 07.30.41.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-13 at 07.36.24.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-13 at 07.50.41.png

It seems like my MPPT100/20 has stopped charging my leisure battery in my campervan, so I am asking for some advice as what to do next.

The solar controller is new (installed early April 2019) and is running firmware version 1.39 (not updated since installation).

As you can see from the images below -- no charging of leisure battery for last 6 days, despite good output from the solar panels (two x 120 watts).

Battery only used very lightly (just for a 12v fridge) as I'm at home using the van as a daily driver --

On the controller itself there is a single blue flashing light (manuals states that this means 'not charging')

Any help most appreciated, thanks.

View attachment 44760View attachment 44761View attachment 44762View attachment 44763

Perhaps the battery is full so nothing to charge?

Try "reset to defaults" to see if something clears?

Hi Everyone,

Update as follows -- thanks to @Roger Donoghue for the help!

1) with multimeter I've checked outputs of both panels (independently and wired together) in full sunshine = about 20 volts each at the sockets on the roof, and the same at the connector pins on the victron
2) Victron rebooted = still doesn't work (still a blue flashing light & not charging on bluetooth app)
3) 25A yellow Fuse on Victron checked = it's intact
4) Battery connections checked = same voltage at victron connector pins as at leisure battery itself (about 12.44 volts) = therefore battery connections intact and fuse not broken.

So it appears that basic wiring is all OK & the current thinking is that the problem is with the controller, that's now been sent back to Roger.

Will update when I know more --- message posted here in case anyone else has a similar problem to guide on some of the basic checks that can be done.

I got it today, the Victron, and it's the first ever failed one I've experienced! :)

New one shipped next day to you (for Friday delivery).

Thanks for all the diagnostics. Saves going through it all with my suppliers, and gets a replacement to you far faster than waiting for (very helpful mind you) them.