Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Volkswagen Camper Van Road Trip In A VW Van From Swansway

S

SwanswayVWCV

Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
N/A
The Volkswagen camper van has come a long way since it first appeared on UK roads in 1954.

With a creditable 45.6 mpg, the 2.0 TDI Bluemotion Tech Ocean or Beach 150 VW camper van can travel a little over 800 miles on just one full tank of diesel. That’s enough to journey from Swansway Group’s most northerly VW Van Centre in Preston to the UK’s surfing capital in Newquay… and back again!

Take a look at our featured infographic here to see where you can stop off on your UK tour!https://goo.gl/t9Jg1y

Brilliant...and with Swansway joing the forum a good job everyone on here so nice about their van centres (inc. Guy at Preston).

Recall and first service at Liverpool completed in morning. First class service and friendly too. Return journey tank filled at start and end 15.8 litres fuel to cover distance 240 miles (on odometer and satnav). Not bad I think. According to the vehicle I achieved 48 mpg but in reality only achieved 43 mpg.

The Volkswagen camper van has come a long way since it first appeared on UK roads in 1954.

With a creditable 45.6 mpg, the 2.0 TDI Bluemotion Tech Ocean or Beach 150 VW camper van can travel a little over 800 miles on just one full tank of diesel. That’s enough to journey from Swansway Group’s most northerly VW Van Centre in Preston to the UK’s surfing capital in Newquay… and back again!

Take a look at our featured infographic here to see where you can stop off on your UK tour!https://goo.gl/t9Jg1y
Haha - has anyone actually achieved anything close to 800 miles on a tank.

Haha - has anyone actually achieved anything close to 800 miles on a tank.
Don't think it is possible anyway, as the EMU shuts down the engine before you can drain the tank and you would certainly have to drain the 80L tank to get that mpg, and with the 70L tank would be impossible.

My Beach 150 is lucky if it manages 500 miles to a tank. Which I think is fine, but would be interested if others are getting close to 800!!

About 570-600 in my T5 114 Beach. Maybe if I drove at a constant 55-60mph I could maybe get more from a tank but the highest average I ever got was about 45mpg.

Back