Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Volkswagen Roadside Assistance Renewal

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
My warranty expires next year and I was toying with the idea of extending it for another year but at a cost of over £1000 I decided I would put that money in a savings account and take a gamble. One thing I was not aware of though is that you can renew VW Assistance once your warranty expires, the cost for the Cali is just £99 for year or £165 for two years, this also includes full European cover aswell.

This appears excellent value for money as the VW technicians can obviously fix many problems at the roadside ( they have been out to me twice in last few months saving me trips into the dealer) also considering this includes full Euro cover aswell it makes it a no brainer compared to a standard AA or RAC policy.

Great news that Martin I will take this out in readiness for my euro travels next year :thumb

Martin sounds too good to be true !! Is it a full Roadside assist or an insurance policy ?

Andy said:
Martin sounds too good to be true !! Is it a full Roadside assist or an insurance policy ?
That is what I thought Andy, I did keep asking them and he said it is exactly the same service as you receive as within warranty.

Same as the roadside assistance through warranty.

Very good value for money.

cheers

The only difference I assume is if there is a problem with a part that is no longer under warranty that you have to pay for it. I assume however you don't pay for the roadside labour if it can be done there and then.

Just a thought to toss into the pot, so to speak...

If I was buying second-hand, I would feel safer buying a Cali with the balance of a warranty as I would (presumably) have the option to continue it when it expired, plus I would hope that the seller was not trying to offload something with a hidden problem.

So this may have some impact on the market value?
Cheers,
--Nick

We took up the two year deal when our warranty expired, and will probably renew again.

It seems to be the standard VW deal, run by the RAC, who do similar deals with other manufacturers. I guess it's a good price because the typical vehicle covered is relatively new and trouble free.

Previous experience with another manufacturer was that the extended warranty was a waste of space - nothing that failed was ever covered - so we decided not to go with that with the Cali.

If you've multiple vehicles it might be worth looking at NCI who do multi vehicle packages. We have cover for all our vehicles, Europe wide, for £160 per annum. I've found their service very good to date.

Back