Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changes to VW Assist - Roadside Assistance

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
From the 1st June this year VW Assist will only use the RAC for its roadside assistance, it looks like they are doing away with all the dedicated VW technicians.

This is a great shame as the VW guys have repaired several problems on my Cali without the need to take it into a dealership whereas the RAC patrol was not able to carry out the work.

From what I have been told it is now just a standard RAC policy.

That is the bigest let down in the whole VW back up given, SHAME

Martin said:
From the 1st June this year VW Assist will only use the RAC for its roadside assistance, it looks like they are doing away with all the dedicated VW technicians.

This is a great shame as the VW guys have repaired several problems on my Cali without the need to take it into a dealership whereas the RAC patrol was not able to carry out the work.

From what I have been told it is now just a standard RAC policy.

That is a shame, we use them all the time for our rental fleet, they are always willing to come out and do small jobs

Yes, I recently was sorted out by VW Assistance and the guy was a former VW technician. Full of useful information and gave me great confidence that he knew what he was doing. Company schemes tend to be good value too, so it will be interesting to see whether we are thrown into the general pot with price increases to match

will this still cover europe ?

hope so

dave and lisa :cool: :cool:

If you are going abroad in Europe , the European breakdown telephone number is 0033472435244
and not the 03332000999 mentioned in the letter which is for the UK only.

Just an update on this, I have just been speaking to a VW Assistance chap and it turns out that RAC has lost the contract and the service will be supplied by the AA later in the year.

Thanks for the update Martin, is the cover basic AA or will VW have dedicated VW AA team

I spoke to someone recently who uses ADAC, the German auto club, who offer recovery services and travel insurance. I will start a new thread on the topic.

Back