Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Awning fitting

M

maryberry

Guest User
Hi all
We want to fit a VW awning to our Cali (2011 registration). Currently based in Northern Ireland where the VW van centres are reluctant to do this. Also having trouble finding somewhere in England to do it. Has anyone found a van centre that is able to fit the VW awning?

Cheers

Why will the Vw van centre not fit their wind out awning on your cali ..?????

Even if you have the awning and it's in good condition i can't see the issue with a fitting service

All the van centres i know would fit an awning to the cali ,as it's an easy job ,so easy money for them ;)

We will do it and have done a fair few of them in the last year or so.

Let me know if you want to book in with us to get it done.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I can see that I got 74 views so glad some people replied! Thanks for the offer - may indeed take you up on that. No idea but the two centres near us won't do it and nor would our van centre in Herts/Bucks. Sussex was the place we were told but that's quite far from NI! If anyone else knows a van centre closer that would retro fit it please let me know.

Cheers

maryberry said:
Thanks for the reply. I can see that I got 74 views so glad some people replied! Thanks for the offer - may indeed take you up on that. No idea but the two centres near us won't do it and nor would our van centre in Herts/Bucks. Sussex was the place we were told but that's quite far from NI! If anyone else knows a van centre closer that would retro fit it please let me know.

Cheers

do you have the vw awning already with the brackets :?: :?: :?:

Come to Cali's On The Farm and we can fit it on the Friday for you and then you can stay for the meet too!

cheers

Choplee - no we haven't ordered the parts as we couldn't find anyone to fit it.

maryberry said:
Choplee - no we haven't ordered the parts as we couldn't find anyone to fit it.

Very strange then ... I wouldn't want them to fit any Vw parts ordered from them if they can't fit an awning ... Lol
It's not a hard job ,but would need 2 to lift on the Cali rail awning brackets ..

I retro fitted an awning to my Cali myself. Very easy job.

It was a hassle getting all the bits. VW don't make a pack so you have to order the bits seperate. After two trips to my dealer to show them how its fitted and used the parts diagram to make sure I had all the bits. (Even forgot about the handle ) its fitted in 30mins.

Its expensive but so worth it.

I call it a rain shelter as in three years of owning the Van I have had to wind out the awning once to protect me from the sun. All the other times is to keep the rain at bay. Hence the trip to Annecy this year. :p

If you have all the parts why not try a caravan dealer/workshop, as stated easy enough to fit, mine has been off and on three times, but u need two people

i have removed & fitted myself & i am not a mechanic !

Just a quick update to say thanks we found a VW garage in Northern Ireland who fitted it for us. Now we just need some sun or the right rain this weekend :D .

maryberry said:
Just a quick update to say thanks we found a VW garage in Northern Ireland who fitted it for us. Now we just need some sun or the right rain this weekend :D .

glad to hear you got the awning installed ...its a good accessory for sun or rain ...enjoy :thumb

I have just bought a cali black awning for my t25 but dont know the make or model as cant find any makers marks ?? full working and also need to replace end caps and get a handle apart from that got bargin any one help with makers marks :headbang

I am about to order an awning from Omnistror to retrofit myself. Can I just confirm this is doable and easy? Someone said it was quite difficult to get the California fittings but I understand the right fittings come with the awning from Rose Awnings in Poole. Any advice?

Many thanks.

Fitting the awning is relatively straight forward you may need two people to lift it in position
As for the correct brackets for the Cali I would give them a ring before you order

You could always get it all from us with all the fittings and the correct bolts that are a different length that are required for fitting the awaning?

Give Steve in our parts department a call on 01403 581242

Cheers

Back