Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Beach T6.1 How to recover items lost behind cooker.

T

TRC1

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Does anyone know how to retrieve Items falling inside the trim when the cooker is closed?
I need to find a way of either removing the bottom trim behind gas bottle or trim around the gas bottle unit or the trim above the cooker or the cooker itself. I hate just pulling at the trim hopping it will pop off.

image.jpg

It will depend on what you have lost down there. If its coins etc then its probably cheerio, but if its
a roll of notes you might stand some chance. Removing the trim for that panel could damage the gas feed pipe and wiring to the plug and some if not all panel clips can be 'snap shut' style, making it very tricky. Whatever you have lost must be slim, so maybe some electrical wire (6mm) that you can bend and create a hook at the end might do it. Other than that, try some high impact tape on the end.
Good luck.

Thanks. I decided that access was most impeded by the narrow trim above the cooker. I managed to pull it off without damage and could the get my arm behind. Fortunately the item lost was reachable. A small item like a phone would be more tricky. Lesson learned. Don't place anything on the flat surface beside the burner. Sods law says it will fall behind.

Back