Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California - The Best Boat Yard Accessory You Can Have

Jody Taylor

Jody Taylor

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
No staying in crappy, dirty, expensive apartments. No sleeping rough on the boat while trying to do the dirty jobs (why are they all dirty jobs?), and inevitable annual maintenance.
I was a bit reticent after the initial excitement of getting a new toy, as things kept falling to pieces in my hands.
I am happy to say that I am now firmly back in the convert camp.

Hi Jody

The Cali goes great with many hobbies! I think there are separate sections for cyclists, walkers etc; can't remember them off the top of my head. Maybe there is one for sailors

Colin :thumb

We bought it because we are kite surfers, and wanted somewhere where we could be warm, dry, and make a cuppa while waiting for wind, or just to get changed in....but this is taking the advantages to a whole new level. I HATE boatyards, (I know that sounds precious, but me and dirt don't mix well) the Cali has made it a much more pleasant experience.

Nice , boats and Cali's ....witchone is the most expencive hobby?

Most definitely the boat. You might as well take a wad of £50 notes and set fire to them :cool:

We bought it because we are kite surfers
That looks great fun, we were watching them at Barra in the Hebrides a few years back :thumb

Wish I could start life again, I'd do that! :D

I get it on the boat and Cali bit - we have the same combination. Why is it that every job on a boat is just so dirty? Agree too about the 'things falling to pieces' in the Cali comment - it's a fragile thing compared to a boat (ours is old, teak and solid), but like you, our Cali seems to be settling down. As to the cost question... absolutely no contest, running a boat is ten times more expensive. Dave

Motacyclist - it's never too late to start. My hubby is 60 and kiting. I know a guy on his 70's who kites too
Dave, leaving a boat in The South of France over winter....the boat is filthy. Both inside and out. It looked like Miss Haversham had taken up residence, there were so many spiders webs. The boat yard is either dusty and hot or wet and muddy. Oil, anti foul, dust from sanding the decks.....need I say more?

Back