VW Commercial Sheffield

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Vw Sheffield. Hmmmmm. Not impressed but not totally naffed off yet. As mentioned I hate making the trip to find out they can't get you in or have closed early but can't make a phone call. As for the ' master technician,' I have my own opinions about a master technician that thinks he's fixed my roof bellows by shoving them back in the slot like I did. Then guess what they y popped out again. I couldn't be arsed with another visit and fixed it myself. Soul destroying at times. Then they lend you a van and it's some heap of crap petrol caddy. Another tale.and another time I was there some mardy sweaty fat salesman got the huff because I dared to look inside a cali that was just sold. What did he think I was going to do. I own one. The bird at reception is a stunner though so that puts the points up to 5 out of 10

Well so far the Sheffield van centre has not given us any indication that they are customer focused ; new California given to us without the PDI stamp and signature in the handbook, the spec sheet was likewise not in place, on booking in the first service we had to wait 4 weeks before they could fit us in; at the service the technician discovers an oil leak from the rear crank seal and the report sheet notifies us that it is an "urgent" fault, - the reception couldn't book it in for a month! When we informed them that it was likely to be doing another 1500-2000miles in that period the response was that we could park it up if we wanted!! Meaning that a vehicle only 50 weeks old would have spent 5 weeks off the road ! not really good enough. We also asked for a loan vehicle which needs to have at least 4 seats, we await to see what is offered on Monday when we present the California for the repair.

You should try Preston no too far for ya really,,
the salesman there guy Vincent is fantastic...
always tries his best what ever situation you find yourself in and has looked after us no end..... the parts department are great too
Not used the service department much apart from new lowered springs fitted to our brand new California and there were no issues whatsoever ..
Cannot fault Preston/lancashire .i have used a few vw dealers over the years and had some bad experiences but these guys have been spot on.
Obviously you will get THAT person that hasn’t had a good experience but you cannot please everybody...

Just glad I get a 1st class service in Southampton.

Vw Sheffield. Hmmmmm...... fixed my roof bellows by shoving them back in the slot like I did. Then guess what they y popped out again. I couldn't be arsed with another visit and fixed it myself. Soul destroying at times.
ha, I had the same experience with bellows and Sheffield! Told me they‘d never seen it before! How did you fix yours?

ha, I had the same experience with bellows and Sheffield! Told me they‘d never seen it before! How did you fix yours?
I made some adjustments to the edge with a spanner and then hammered them home with a mallet. Not sure if the repair is still good due to selling the van since. But they are liars if they say they haven't seen it before

Hi guys, i'm Shaun from VW Van Centre Sheffield. Sorry to read of your less than satisfactory experienced with us. I've just popped a introductory post in the intro page which may be worth a read. We hope to put these experiences behind us and move forwards positively and ensure we look after all our customers and offer excellent customer service. We have recently had a full change of management who are all very keen to ensure we are getting things right moving forwards. If there is anything i can help with please don't hesitate to send me a message. Thanks Shaun

A year on, and 17K miles, Sheffield van centre, have been helpful with looking after our California, Not the best of starts but everyone at Sheffield have tried really hard to help; Andy and Shaun on sales , Mike in service and the team around him, the ladies on the front desks, Nathan and Daniel in parts, ( also helpful sourcing parts for our T4 caravelle! ). The centre is incredibly busy and perhaps this is a reflection of their success, something for the top managers to work on.
California going well, will need front tyres replacing soon , oil leak sorted and this appears to have stopped oil consumption, surprise , surprise! MPG, which seems to be an discussion point on the forum, varies between about 29 to 33 depending on conditions/ load/ right foot! Ad blue is easy to add, and does seem to do 5-6 K mls per fill.
Would we go back to Sheffield for our California? Probably yes ! they are part of a large group and the personal touch is that much more difficult, but they do seem to get there. They have some really good deals on stock California T6' s and a T6.1 in the showroom plus a "grand" one if that's your thing, so if you are in the market for one have a chat with Andy Walker and his team. they can deliver.

A year on, and 17K miles, Sheffield van centre, have been helpful with looking after our California, Not the best of starts but everyone at Sheffield have tried really hard to help; Andy and Shaun on sales , Mike in service and the team around him, the ladies on the front desks, Nathan and Daniel in parts, ( also helpful sourcing parts for our T4 caravelle! ). The centre is incredibly busy and perhaps this is a reflection of their success, something for the top managers to work on.
California going well, will need front tyres replacing soon , oil leak sorted and this appears to have stopped oil consumption, surprise , surprise! MPG, which seems to be an discussion point on the forum, varies between about 29 to 33 depending on conditions/ load/ right foot! Ad blue is easy to add, and does seem to do 5-6 K mls per fill.
Would we go back to Sheffield for our California? Probably yes ! they are part of a large group and the personal touch is that much more difficult, but they do seem to get there. They have some really good deals on stock California T6' s and a T6.1 in the showroom plus a "grand" one if that's your thing, so if you are in the market for one have a chat with Andy Walker and his team. they can deliver.
Thank you for the kind feedback Christine! Hope you got everything sorted

Well so far the Sheffield van centre has not given us any indication that they are customer focused ; new California given to us without the PDI stamp and signature in the handbook, the spec sheet was likewise not in place, on booking in the first service we had to wait 4 weeks before they could fit us in; at the service the technician discovers an oil leak from the rear crank seal and the report sheet notifies us that it is an "urgent" fault, - the reception couldn't book it in for a month! When we informed them that it was likely to be doing another 1500-2000miles in that period the response was that we could park it up if we wanted!! Meaning that a vehicle only 50 weeks old would have spent 5 weeks off the road ! not really good enough. We also asked for a loan vehicle which needs to have at least 4 seats, we await to see what is offered on Monday when we present the California for the repair.!
That was horrendous. Glad to hear it may have improved - if it hadn't they would have been of my list - which is a pity as they are the nearest. As it is, I will give them a go - even if it is with a lot trepidation.

Last edited:
I’m certainly keeping an eye on all comments going forward. Even though they’ll be fairly close to us we’ll only be using them if they up their game and get their act together.
Shaun, you have a lot of hard work to do to turn it all around and gain trust.

That was horrendous. Glad to hear it may have improved - if it hadn't they would have been of my list - which is a pity as they are the nearest. As it is, I will give them a go - even if it is with a lot trepidation.
Hi Scoobz, we are doing our best to improve and are certainly making steps in the right direction. Give us a try and we will do our upmost to ensure you are looked after

thanks,

Shaun

Hi Scoobz, we are doing our best to improve and are certainly making steps in the right direction. Give us a try and we will do our upmost to ensure you are looked after

thanks,

Shaun
Shaun will do - just taking delivery hopefully this week of an Ocean and want to extend the guarantee in the 3 month period (2 months are already up) so hopefully it is something you can help us with - may well also have a snag list to sort out as well. Definitely think you are doing the right thing here by reaching out and taking a proactive approach but people will ultimately judge by the actual service

Hello
We've had our Cali over 3 years now and although we didn't purchase it from Sheffield I must say I've had no course to complain about the service I've received, in fact quite the opposite. I provided positive feedback to the company on the service I've received. I've found the staff to be helpful, knowledgable and friendly on every visit, including today for yet another re call!!

We picked up our lovely new Coast from VW Commercial Sheffield today. The purchasing experience with Darren Holmes was fantastic from start to finish, can’t fault anything. Darren very patiently took us through all the various questions we had on options and even got in contact to double check a few choices we made.

We appear to have been phenomenally lucky in that we placed to order at the start of November 2020 and picked it up in mid February. Whenever we had any questions during the waiting period, it was never more than a few hours to get a reply to emails, and most of the time it was within 5 minutes!
We were a little concerned about the pickup in these COVID times, but Darren braved sub-zero conditions to record us a very thorough (and very funny!) pre-handover video. We had sent through a check list (based on the ones from this forum) which he worked through methodically on the video and send us through a scanned copy of the things he had ticked off. The window fly screen was missing (seems to be a common issue) and this has been ordered. The pick up was extremely smooth and the van has been handed over in pristine condition. Just a shame we couldn’t shake Darren’s hand to thank him!

Can’t fault the service we received from Darren Holmes and Sheffield VW Commercial in the buying process.

We picked up our lovely new Coast from VW Commercial Sheffield today. The purchasing experience with Darren Holmes was fantastic from start to finish, can’t fault anything. Darren very patiently took us through all the various questions we had on options and even got in contact to double check a few choices we made.

We appear to have been phenomenally lucky in that we placed to order at the start of November 2020 and picked it up in mid February. Whenever we had any questions during the waiting period, it was never more than a few hours to get a reply to emails, and most of the time it was within 5 minutes!
We were a little concerned about the pickup in these COVID times, but Darren braved sub-zero conditions to record us a very thorough (and very funny!) pre-handover video. We had sent through a check list (based on the ones from this forum) which he worked through methodically on the video and send us through a scanned copy of the things he had ticked off. The window fly screen was missing (seems to be a common issue) and this has been ordered. The pick up was extremely smooth and the van has been handed over in pristine condition. Just a shame we couldn’t shake Darren’s hand to thank him!

Can’t fault the service we received from Darren Holmes and Sheffield VW Commercial in the buying process.
Nice to hear a positive review, I have dealt with Liverpool buying a Cali and an early LWB T6 and found them to be excellent where as others have reported problems. Others have left positive reviews for other dealerships, one of which couldn't be bothered to quote on our last Cali so it seems peoples experiences seem to be down to luck.

Popped in the other day to take a look at the Cali we know they keep in the reception. All buttoned up because it's 'Covid Secure'. Super rude receptionist. Couldn't even get to talk to a salesperson.

We've just made 8k on our old Beach. How were they to know we were ready to order our new Cali if they won't even speak to us? Ho hum. They still have work to do on the customer service front.

Never mind - their loss is Breeze Poole's win. Ordered yesterday.

Odd how these things go. Just depends what happens on any given day I guess!

Definitely there win st today’s prices

Sellers market for sure, but we got a great price from Kane@Breeze Poole that made it worth it, and now our wait begins :)

Vw Sheffield. Hmmmmm. Not impressed but not totally naffed off yet. As mentioned I hate making the trip to find out they can't get you in or have closed early but can't make a phone call. As for the ' master technician,' I have my own opinions about a master technician that thinks he's fixed my roof bellows by shoving them back in the slot like I did. Then guess what they y popped out again. I couldn't be arsed with another visit and fixed it myself. Soul destroying at times. Then they lend you a van and it's some heap of crap petrol caddy. Another tale.and another time I was there some mardy sweaty fat salesman got the huff because I dared to look inside a cali that was just sold. What did he think I was going to do. I own one. The bird at reception is a stunner though so that puts the points up to 5 out of 10
Best review ever haha, nice one :thumb

Popped in the other day to take a look at the Cali we know they keep in the reception. All buttoned up because it's 'Covid Secure'. Super rude receptionist. Couldn't even get to talk to a salesperson.

We've just made 8k on our old Beach. How were they to know we were ready to order our new Cali if they won't even speak to us? Ho hum. They still have work to do on the customer service front.

Never mind - their loss is Breeze Poole's win. Ordered yesterday.
Good Morning Shuftie,

I'm really sorry about your experience and this certainly isn't our usual level of service. We are still following quite strict covid guidelines to ensure we keep our customers and staff as safe as possible hence the California being locked up, we do open the vehicles on request but then follow a sanitisation / quarantine process. I understand we have lost your business on this occasion but I hope we can still look after you for servicing etc. If there is anything further I can do to help please don't hesitate to send me a direct message on here.

Apologies again and I hope you make many happy memories in your new Cali when it arrives!

Back