SMV Commercials, Yeovil

Strong

Strong

Chris & Karen
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
A real breath of fresh air.

Took the Cali in for a few snags and teething troubles (e.g. trim fixing, engine warning light linked to swirl flap/inlet manifold recall, air con fault) and literally am absolutely delighted with the service of SMV Commercials. They are an old fashioned 'earthy' commercial garage with a VW, MAN and Iveco servicing franchise but they have a vital asset: their people. The customer team is second to none - giving small company service and real ownership of problems (i.e. never making the customer own the problem). Their VW Master Technician Josh is also similarly committed: he worked until 5.30 on our vehicle, then went out to deal with childcare issues for half an hour, and returned after 6pm to help colleagues finish off the Cali because he wanted to.

I can't emphasise how genuinely different this experience was - a world away from corporate VW nonsense. I asked Josh to check what the logistics would be of becoming 'VW Approved' to work on the camper equipment because I would desperately like to take it to them for servicing of that. No question he can do it because waiting outside for his attention were two A-classes: a Hymer and a Burstner ...

In summary:
If you are within striking distance of Somerset, I thoroughly recommend them.

Update:

Went to SMV again for first service and a few warranty bits. Once again, am delighted.

They’re now refurbishing and becoming a main commercial dealer. The very helpful service manager Chris is very keen to see more Californias and we found the price vs service ratio just about spot on.

Can’t recommend highly enough.

• Informative
Reactions: Sad