Vw dealers 2nd hand prices

The Blue Merle

The Blue Merle

4x4 joker
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
I was thinking or upgrading to a shiny t6 4motion and have been keeping an eye out on vw used vehicle web site.
I nearly had a heart attack when I saw 2x t6 oceans 4motions for sale at 70k!!!
Ok so they only have 100 miles on clock and a month or two old but are they taking the p@@s!!!?
7k more than waiting for a new one and they won't even have the new upgrades on it!

Same with Beaches. I've pretty much given up looking for a nearly new one now as the prices are pretty silly. I guess they're taking advantage of the long lead times for factory orders (I'm getting told up to 10 months by some dealers).

People are obviously buying them as the numbers on the website go up and down pretty quickly. 28 yesterday, 23 today.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Don't moan. Just order one for delivery next spring then take the profit.

Big discussion in this a few weeks back, yes - some are taking the ****. Still a fair number of deals to be had if you look hard.

Or just buy one of the T6s listed here. Quite a few have looked very sensibly priced (if sensible can ever be used in this context) vs the dealer asking prices for new or used.

If I upgrade I would want another 4motion.
Sounds made but I prefer buying one which is 6mths to a year old can't handle brand new and the first scratch or mark, 2nd hand has had that heart break done and normally there around 10k cheaper.
I guess it's the new toy thing, when something is hard to buy/find then the price goes up.
I was just amazed to see a Cali for 70k that's got to be a record!

Hang on until December. I'm sure those prices will look more favourable.

So is that the record or has anyone seen a Cali for more than £70k???

yep mine .... 80k if you want it this summer !

I saw a new one at a dealer last week for just over £72,000!
Ocean DSG 204 4motion.

I saw a new one at a dealer last week for just over £72,000!
Ocean DSG 204 4motion.
I presume that is the OTR price so will also include the enhanced VED payment.

I've just seen a Beach advertised at Worcester van centre.
£58 995 :shocked

One of the arguments I used with OH is whilst my van was expensive in Jan, it's way more now. Think about 5% more & given I got it at a pre-reg price, I'm now glad I did persuade him.

Dealer prices vary depending on if they do volume or margin or something in between...still all quite a lot of cash tho...

I've just seen a Beach advertised at Worcester van centre.
£58 995 :shocked
Wow!! I'd come across a couple of showroom Beaches that were around the £57k mark but both were unregistered so essentially new.

I just couldn't get my head around paying that for a Beach. My order has gone in with a really good spec and still managed to come in under fifty, which felt like a ceiling to me.

Wonder if there is a limit to what people will pay?

Not just a UK thing either, my spec was more expensive on the German configurator (which I've been playing with 'cause the UK one still isn't working)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back