Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Dealers won't post parts

C

camperjase

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
The grey water sensor on my 2016 california ocean is broken. It's a simple job to fix (as is well documented on this forum - thanks) with part no 7h7068255 + £61.39, however no VW dealer will post it, instead saying I have to do a 2 hour round trip to my nearest dealer. They say it's because parts are going missing and won't accept extra payment from me to cover insured delivery. Against the climate change/road congestion arguments this seems crazy. Am I missing something? Rant over, thanks for reading

Different dealers have different policies, though most are like the one you found.

I was once trapped in France with a broken radiator on a jag, eventually Southampton Jaguar agreed to post out a new one to me, they were my fifth call.

I swapped it over and drove home.

The grey water sensor on my 2016 california ocean is broken. It's a simple job to fix (as is well documented on this forum - thanks) with part no 7h7068255 + £61.39, however no VW dealer will post it, instead saying I have to do a 2 hour round trip to my nearest dealer. They say it's because parts are going missing and won't accept extra payment from me to cover insured delivery. Against the climate change/road congestion arguments this seems crazy. Am I missing something? Rant over, thanks for reading
I used this company recently for genuine Audi parts. Superb.

Are you sure it's definitely broken? The waste sensor doesn't go up in levels like the fresh sensor, it either shows empty or full.

Thanks all, very helpful. Yes, there's a crack in it and the icon on the control panel screen is flashing.

That waste tank sensor is not always accurate anyway.

I gave up on it years ago when I figured out that its not hard to
empty it regularly.

There's probably an old Chinese proverb somewhere.

Sink full
Tank full
Open tap

:)

I recently had the AC to DC leisure battery charger fail on my van and had a similar issue to you - getting the part delivered albeit in my case for a reasonable cost (I live in Moray). In the end I got the Royal Mail to pick up and drop off. I think it cost £20 as opposed to £50 for the courier the parts department was going to use. The part cost was £320, although I’m not sure that’s relevant. Hope this helps…

Thanks again for all the replies. I'm working in Warrington on Monday, so I'm picking up the part en route at the Preston VW van centre, just off the M6

Back