Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW headlight protectors / beam deflectors

S

shambly

Guest User
Off to Europe this week so fitted some genuine VW headlight protectors as they come complete with one set of beam deflectors and have the location to fit them marked on the lense.

Fitting is simply a case of protecting the headlamp lense with some (provided) 3M clear film where the single fixing strap holding each protector makes contact with it, and tightening a single cross-head screw onto the strap through the protector each side.

Best price I could find was £40 delivered from Bluebird Customs who delivered next day.

For those not wanted protectors i'll make and upload a location template for the beam deflectors each side (they are different) when I get a chance.

Simon

protector_l

protector_r

Bought those myself Simon for our recent France trip. Very handy and quite simple to fit. :thumb

Mine are purely for the EU so they live in the box when not in use.

£40 delivered is a very good price.

i can't see them on the bluebird customs web-site .....anyone have the link :thumb

Stu - I'll be fitting the beam converters when we arrive at the ferry port and then these will also only go on for european trips. Thought i'd take some photos and make some templates prior to doing that ;)

Kev - Seeing it in the flesh at Hollands Wood convinced Eleanor that it would suit the Cali :thumb :thumb

Lee - Link is http://www.bluebird-type2.co.uk/index.htm but they have now disappeared. Maybe I got his last set at the moment?

When you peel the black stickers of the backing it will leave you with a template :thumb

I didn't think the stickers fitted the shapes indicated on the covers overly well.

I fitted mine in the car park at the Chunnel - 5 mins.

Have you stuck the little clear 3M squares on your headlights to protect them from being damaged by the screws??

They are made in Australia which I thought was quite unusual.

Just received mine - not fitted yet. Was surprised to find that each protector is in two pieces. Were yours like that?

Ok - I figured it out - both my protectors have been snapped in half in transit!

IMG_1521.JPG

Ours arrived like that ! They did replace them though and re sent in a box about 50x the size of the protectors filled with bubble wrap

I bought mine from Campervantastic. Rang them yesterday to inform them of the situation and to their credit, they sent out a replacement set and arranged for the courier to collect the faulty ones which arrived today. Brilliant service!

Looks like the protectors are kind of fragile and need some protection, what's the material they are made with? glass?

Plastic. The problem is that the box that they are sent in is very poor cardboard and easily squashed.

Back