Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW on Wheels

bernie

bernie

Has anyone else found that certain cleaners spoil the VW logo caps in the centre of the wheel?
E.g. wonder wheels. Any suggestions on what to use please? Do car wash tyre cleaners damage them?

Yes and yes basically. They contain acid to remove fall out (brake dust (iron) very quickly. It also strips the paint off your brake callipers and helps your brake discs rot that little bit quicker!! So, if you still want others to clean it, just ask them to make sure they don’t use any acid.
Or do it yourself at home, if you visit Halfords etc you can pick something a bit more sympathetic for your rims eg auto Glym wheel cleaner.
New Vw centre caps can be picked up on eBay relatively cheap also.

All acid based wheel cleaners damage the plastic caps. My father had some wheels on his Mk2 golf refurbed and powder coated and Wonder wheels soon took the coating off. Use a non-acid based cleaner, I use Autosmart alloy wheel cleaner. Its about £20 for 5 litres but works really well and does not cause any damage to plastics.

All acid based wheel cleaners damage the plastic caps. My father had some wheels on his Mk2 golf refurbed and powder coated and Wonder wheels soon took the coating off. Use a non-acid based cleaner, I use Autosmart alloy wheel cleaner. Its about £20 for 5 litres but works really well and does not cause any damage to plastics.
I also use Autosmart products, they´re ace.
There is a newish one called Red 7 wheel cleaner.
It´s PH 7. s-l300.jpg