Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

alloy wheels

I'm running 900kg rated units with 101 tyres.
900kgs I presume are rims but 101 tyres are 825kgs.
The sort of setup I'd use ie strong rim but lower tyre rating. Couldn't use on a T6 4M DSG though.

900kgs I presume are rims but 101 tyres are 825kgs.
The sort of setup I'd use ie strong rim but lower tyre rating. Couldn't use on a T6 4M DSG though.
I went lower tyre load because the softer side wall dives a big reduction in dB.
There is a thread on this.

"My point is that the Cali factory spec is for 235/55/17 103 load tyres. The rim must be able to take that load, or more, as a minimum or you would be breaking all sorts of legal issues."

Sorry I disagree, the rims need to be able to take 1/2 the axle load thats all.

Correct. Each corner is rated for half the axle load.

Tyre load rating is simply a side wall stiffness thing.

I have seen the spec for the genuine VW Suez Alloys for 235/55 103W and it states that the axle load is 1750kg, giving 875 per wheel i.e. more than the RIAL's spec of 830kg. So, I won't risk it. Thx for all your advice

An alloy wheel question.. does anyone know if they are designed a directional? We just took delivery of new ocean with ‘Woodstock’ wheels and noticed the design points in the same direction on every wheel, meaning the wheels look different on each side of the vehicle. Not a big problem but made me curious if that was intended..

An alloy wheel question.. does anyone know if they are designed a directional? We just took delivery of new ocean with ‘Woodstock’ wheels and noticed the design points in the same direction on every wheel, meaning the wheels look different on each side of the vehicle. Not a big problem but made me curious if that was intended..
We have Woodstocks as well, I understand exactly what you mean but that is how they are. Very strange to my eyes. Just look at any VW Golf etc and they are the same.

We have Woodstocks as well, I understand exactly what you mean but that is how they are. Very strange to my eyes. Just look at any VW Golf etc and they are the same.
Over the years numerous wheel designs have looked correct on one side of a vehicle but wrong way round on the other.
Probably just due to the design being made appearance rather than technical functional reasons. In other words as a trend/fashion item.

just a case of living with it or fitting a more non directional/rotational based design.

Back