Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Original awning

BALLANGER Fred

BALLANGER Fred

94 nights aboard...
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Help !!!

Can anybody give me the exact dimensions of the arms of the awning as shown in the photos.
I have deregulated the whole and the awning is now rolling up badly. Thank you !!!
(Right arm only)
I hope you understand !!!!

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG

Hello Fred,

I did the same when I damaged my previous Fiamma awning & had to take it to pieces (not recommended).

When I put it back together again I left the fixing bolts for the arms slightly loose so they 'could find their own way' back to where they should be, and then tightened them when the awning was very nearly fully wound-in, but it is a very slow and frustrating process of trial & error.

I am sure someone will soon be near their Cali with the awning out & will send you their measurements for the arm mountings relative to the front & back panels.

(Note to self) mark with a pen before dismantling..

I measured mine last night but the outboard bit looked different.. the inboard bit looks like this;
IMG_3689.jpg IMG_3690.jpg IMG_3687.jpg

When you say "original" this was a Fiamma, but it looks like a Thule, which one is it?

Bonjour, merci pour vos réponses !!! Il s'agit bien d'un store THULE monté d'origine sur VW T6 Beach 2017.

Hello, thank you for your answers !!! This is a THULE awning originally mounted on VW T6 Beach 2017

Bonjour, merci pour vos réponses !!! Il s'agit bien d'un store THULE monté d'origine sur VW T6 Beach 2017.

Hello, thank you for your answers !!! This is a THULE awning originally mounted on VW T6 Beach 2017

Hey , are you sorted out yet?
Saw your post yesterday but as the wife's car is next to the Cali in the garage i could not open te awning...
Now she's of to work and i can mesure if you like?
Others have respond now....
Let me know if you still need help;)

Hey , are you sorted out yet?
Saw your post yesterday but as the wife's car is next to the Cali in the garage i could not open te awning...
Now she's of to work and i can mesure if you like?
Others have respond now....
Let me know if you still need help;)

Bonjour, merci pour ton aide. Si ça ne te dérange pas, je veux bien que tu mesures les côtes comme j'ai fait... Vraiment merci à toi et autres membres, c'est super sympa !!!

Hello, thank you for your help. If it does not bother you, I want you to measure the ribs as I did ... Really thank you and other members, it's super nice !!!

Bonjour, merci pour ton aide. Si ça ne te dérange pas, je veux bien que tu meures les côtes comme j'ai fait... Vraiment merci à toi et autres membres, c'est super sympa !!!

Hello, thank you for your help. If it does not bother you, I want you to die the ribs as I did ... Really thank you and other members, it's super nice !!!
Will do it in the next 30min or so check back here...;)

It is mesured FULLY wind out ?

@BALLANGER Fred , here's mine with a mesuretape next to....
IMG_5257.JPG
IMG_5258.JPG
Lastone a bit blury but to me it seems thesame as on yours....

What is the problem?
You say it's rolling up badly???

@BALLANGER Fred , here's mine with a mesuretape next to....
View attachment 21556
View attachment 21557
Lastone a bit blury but to me it seems thesame as on yours....

What is the problem?
You say it's rolling up badly???

Hello, thank you very much for all this information ... I made new settings with the measurements of the photos provided, I was not far from the same.
The awning wraps a little better, but the canvas continues to make folds...
Maybe this is normal?
I will make pictures of the folds.
Thank you again, case to follow !!!

Hello, thank you very much for all this information ... I made new settings with the measurements of the photos provided, I was not far from the same.
The awning wraps a little better, but the canvas continues to make folds...
Maybe this is normal?
I will make pictures of the folds.
Thank you again, case to follow !!!
Fred, we have had two awnings, both Fiamma's one on a T4 and one on a T5 and it is not normal for the canvas to fold as it rolls up.
Suggestion : get your wife ( or someone else if you don't have one) and get her to slowly wind in the awning while you hold the outer edge to keep the canvas taut as it slowly rolls up. (If you have tried this , apologies)

Fred, we have had two awnings, both Fiamma's one on a T4 and one on a T5 and it is not normal for the canvas to fold as it rolls up.
Suggestion : get your wife ( or someone else if you don't have one) and get her to slowly wind in the awning while you hold the outer edge to keep the canvas taut as it slowly rolls up. (If you have tried this , apologies)

Hello, thank you, I'll try soon !!!

Back