Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Production Rate?

Wogga

Wogga

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Probably one for the members who have visited the factories in Hannover. How many Cali's leave the production line a day or week?

Probably one for the members who have visited the factories in Hannover. How many Cali's leave the production line a day or week?
About 500 T6 a day pre covid. But theses are all T6, of which some are California. Don't remember how many Calis

Actually about 9 Calis a day average for the last 30years (100 thousand Calis 30yrs up to 2018)

That is way less than half of all Ferraris production. No wander they keep their value

Thanks for that Calmilli, it is about a 2 week build time isn't it?

I think the t6 is produced quite quickly. Once a t6 is produced with a big opening on the roof, it is then sent off to a nearby factory to get the interior and bed/roof installed.
But yes i think from when i did receive confirmation of production week and delivery week, it was 2 weeks apart

I think the t6 is produced quite quickly. Once a t6 is produced with a big opening on the roof, it is then sent off to a nearby factory to get the interior and bed/roof installed.
But yes i think from when i did receive confirmation of production week and delivery week, it was 2 weeks apart
I thought the left rear panel was also exclusive to the Cali.

I thought the left rear panel was also exclusive to the Cali.
It is, but only because it has a precut hole for the mains socket on the Beach or mains and water on the Coast and Ocean. Still assembled on the main Transporter line.

The hole for plug in/water is cut once already assembled
VW told me it is a pre formed panel exclusive to the Cali but if you've witnessed the production I stand corrected. :thumb

VW told me it is a pre formed panel exclusive to the Cali but if you've witnessed the production I stand corrected. :thumb
To be honest I don't remember exactly if the hole in the panel was cut on a stand alone panel or once the panel was already attached to the entire structure. I think the panel was already assembled to the rest.
In any case it is not a special panel pressed separately it is a regular panel that is subsequently cut.

Back