Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wanted VW T5 Bike rack claw brackets (part no. 7E0 071 735). Need left and right

K

katyjw

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Anyone breaking a bike rack?
My old man managed to lose the brackets that fix the brackets that clamp the bike rack to the tailgate. :headbang

The shop is the way to go if they can help. If they can't, I got a replacement at vw Liverpool. 2 other vw dealers told me I needed to buy a new rack (surprise eh?). It was about £10 delivered for the hook, the 'roller' and the bolt.
I since fitted anti vibration washers (and anti tamper bolts). Those details and supplier are listed on another post here somewhere.

Hi,

Recently bought a VW T5 bikerack, bolts were a bit of a hassle to screw in, but got there in the end. Went to take the van to walk the dog today, opened boot and claw fell off, after much effort couldnt put it back in, then other other claw fell out somewhere along the journey. Long story short, we are now 1 bolt down. Any ideas where I can get new bolts?.

Alternatively, as I dont want to have the same issue again, has anyone experienced this and could recommend an alternative part/solution?

Thanks

Last edited:
i have some security bolts if toy want them

i have some security bolts if toy want them
Hi, that would be awesome thanks. I assume the ones you have are for VWT5 bike rack (apologies im a bit of newbie)
How much would you like for them, and I dont suppose you have experienced this er.....vibrating loose problem have you?

For anyone finding this thread again, in my experience, a helpful vw dealer can and will supply small parts for the racks at sensible prices. I paid £10 Inc special delivery for a claw and long bolt (vw Liverpool). Several unhelpful dealers had told me I needed to buy a new rack!

For anyone finding this thread again, in my experience, a helpful vw dealer can and will supply small parts for the racks at sensible prices. I paid £10 Inc special delivery for a claw and long bolt (vw Liverpool). Several unhelpful dealers had told me I needed to buy a new rack!

That’s good to know, Liverpool VW are 10 minutes from me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk