Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW T6 California Ocean Review in Guardian

She seemed to end up with front seats swivelled to an angle... does take practice, I suppose. Shame it lacks detail, but nice to see it mentioned.

Isn't that the press vehicle that's been doing the rounds? The one without the swivelling seats?
As reviews go that has to be one of the worst that I have ever read. She obviously liked the Cali but for anyone who knows very little about this vehicle, thats the way its going to stay.

What a poor piece of journalism!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone trying to start the Beach vs. Ocean argument in the comments section!

That shouldn't be too hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly the review of the Volvo XC90 (which also costs 50k) doesn't have many comments regarding how expensive it is!

The comments are fantastic, but perhaps a little mean and closed minded for the great & good libertarians that read said rag.

Setting aside our need for self-validation, the fact that lots of people don't get the the Cali is great news. Long may we arrive at sites calm and fresh, be set up moments later, be popping off to city centres every five mins, and be using our vehicles on a daily basis to bring a little extra joy to our lives, until the time comes to sell them for marginally less (and sometimes more) than we bought them for. You can lead a horse to water....

Great to see it mentioned, and also in a positive light. Hope it does encourage more to try. Wouldn't worry too much about the BTL commentary. It's well known that they aren't usually the readers of the newspaper.

I love those comments.

It proves they have no idea what a camper van is and what having one is all about.

I'm so pleased. I would hate to have one of those small, mean, narrow-minded poor souls next to me in one :D

Blimey! Since when did the Grauniad become a red-top! I don't know which was more badly written; the review, or the readers comments.

I love those comments.

Yes, this one made me chuckle:

"I don't think genuine VW camper aficionados-of which I am one,currently with a T4 after owing a T25 and about 4 T2's in past- would take a V Dub costing £50k seriously. That's more a merchant banker called Giles and his fragrant partner Jocasta territory. For the occasional 'spin down to Rock for the waterskiing ya'."

Although Mrs VD is tickled at being described as fragrant, she was puzzled at being referred to as Jocasta. Her name is Edna.

Chill people... she liked it!!

'Cool factor 10/10' That'll do for me...:cool:

Agree.
Although get the feeling the reporter has zero clues about camping. Im sure she thinks sleeping with the window open at home is a form of camping.
Lots of great reviews elsewhere, unfortunately this was very poor with little to no substance or product testing.

Read it in the actual real life paper on Saturday - if you are a regular reader you would understand that Zoe is not a motoring journalist which actually makes her views refreshing most of the time and the 10/10 cool factor is the only thing that counts :)

Back