Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

vwcaliforniaclub.com Car Stickers Now in Stock

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Our brand new car stickers are now in stock !! Very stylish !!

- Very High quality Vinyl cut lettering for exterior/side windows or bodywork
- Metallic Silver lettering in our own font
- Approx 12 inches (300mm) long
- Watherproof

Vinyl cut means the lettering is applied to the outside so looks great on privacy glass.

£2.49 - order online at: http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/membership.php

Re: Car Stickers Now in Stock

Mine has just arrived it looks to be of a very high quality and I'm loving the 'font' :cool: ......though looking at our miserable weather I won't be applying it today :cry:

You're very welcome guys and pleased to hear you like your early Christmas pressie :D

Important note applying your window sticker

Many of you who have received the fantastic California club stickers today must be very keen to apply them to their Calis. Please don't be tempted to apply the sticker on a cold or wet day which is pretty much the kind of weather we're all experiencing at the moment :(

Application Instructions should be included with the sticker.

We hope to see some nice pics of the window stickers on your Calis posted on the forum soon :D

Car Stickers Now in Stock

Thanks, guys - mine's arrived too.

We can wait for some better weather before applying it; we haven't even got our build date yet ;-)

thanks guys just recived ours cant wait to put on new van.

:idea: I wonder if we should all position them in the same place so we can spot fellow members easily?
I feel a 'pole' coming on :)

Here is mine, problem is the wiper blade and also the bike rack, but this position it avoids both :) Very pleased with the quality and ease of fitting ( instructions are included )

P1020890.JPG

Looks good there Martin :cool: ......and it's symmetrical to the wiper arm ;)

Chris

Hi all just put the sticker on my Cali.

The best place on the rear window looked to be central at the top just under the big red brake light.

I lightly folded the sticker in half to get the center and took my time in applying it so as to get it level. Using a credit card working from the center It went on a treat and looked great. The silver grey letters look really good and are just the right size so they do not look over stated. :D

Pleased with myself I took the dogs for a walk.

Whilst on the walk It came to me Dooh the rear wiper. Yes you have got it the distance from the center hub of the wiper to the end of the wiper blade is 53cm which takes it straight through the letters on the top of its arc. :roll:

The only feasible place for the sticker is to the left of the wiper hub at the bottom of the window.

Be warned.

Has anyone applied their stickers yet? Would be nice to see some photo's of them on the Cali ?

My stickers arrived today and they do look good.
Once they are stuck I'll post a picture.

Very pleased to hear you received your sticker, eventually. :D

I post the stickers second class and if you only just received it on Thurs it took quite a few days to get to you.

Cheers
Ron

We have nearly sold out of the first batch of stickers and more have been ordered.

Has anyone else put their stickers on their Cali's yet ? It would be good to see some photo's of where you have put them?

Just had an email from someone having trouble fitting their sticker, here is a handy video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYKaAYMFSGg[/youtube]

We are now stocking the original car stickers again as below, we have a few left in stock with more arriving in a few weeks.

sticker.gif

They are just £2.49 and are available to order via the membership page

I did well there, got mine for £1.95 the same day it went up to £2.49!

Without wanting to sound like a total dipstick, does the sticker go on the outside of the window as in the video?

Yes it does. you need to turn it face down then run something flat over the letters I find a credit card good this will transfer the letters to the backing paper then peel of the top layer the letters should remain in place then position the sticker on the outside of the glass once in place run your card over the letters again and finally remove the front paper the letters should stay in place :thumb

Boo! I wish I had read your post above before I tried to peel the backing paper off mine. It started peeling off beautifully, thus lulling me into a false sense of security, before ripping two of the letters in half. I am not known for my DIY skills, but I can't believe that even applying a sticker is too tricky for me!!

I will order a replacement shortly.

Simon

Pm me your address Simon and I will send you another

There is a "knack" to doing this smoothly.

Follow the video and all should be fine.

The thing that makes the big difference is the way you peel off the application tape... Lift one corner and then "peel" it back slowly rather than pulling it straight off.. forming around a 30 degree angle (or less) to the window rather than a 90 degree. This way it's much less likely to lift the vinyl.

Hope this helps.

Rgds
Mark

Here is my sticker, proudly affixed. Note the tactical cleaning, where I cleaned the absolute minimum area required for the sticker, and left the rest filthy! No point getting too precious about the van out in the sticks at this time of year: it only takes one short trip to cover it in muck again.

Simon

P.S. Thanks for the 'bonus' sticker, in case I made a mess of the application again!

cali sticker.jpg

muttley said:
Here is my sticker, proudly affixed. Note the tactical cleaning, where I cleaned the absolute minimum area required for the sticker, and left the rest filthy!

Nicely done :)

Back