Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waeco CF 35

Gez B

Gez B

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
My waeco CF 35 fridge doesn't work when you plug it into the 240v only runs off the battery cable I have bought a new cable. No joy. Does anyone know a place around the Warwickshire area who can repair this? IMG_20230130_142815_650.jpgIMG_20230130_142821_963.jpg

Same thing happened to my fridge as it now only works on 12v. If you need to run it on 240v you will need a new controller which has been upgraded to this and is expensive compared to a new fridge.

Here is some more information on the controller.

My waeco CF 35 fridge doesn't work when you plug it into the 240v only runs off the battery cable I have bought a new cable. No joy. Does anyone know a place around the Warwickshire area who can repair this? View attachment 104531View attachment 104530
At the risk of stating the obvious have you checked the fuse in the socket ?
this shows how to check the fuse in the socket (fridge socket) I know you don’t have the cfx but it’s the same procedure

Last edited:
I have a Waeco CF-40, and it works perfectly on 240v, and also works on 12v in my car, but recently stopped working on 12v in my Cali beach. However, another fridge that I tested works perfectly in my Cali on 12v
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I have a Waeco CF-40, and it works perfectly on 240v, and also works on 12v in my car, but recently stopped working on 12v in my Cali beach. However, another fridge that I tested works perfectly in my Cali on 12v
Check 12v fuse.

Our fridge used to play up, so ran a separate 12v feed direct to the leisure battery, and have not had any issues since. It’s easy to hide it under the plastic trim, on the floor of the van - just gently push it under with a trim tool.

Most good quality portable fridges have a cut off if the supplying voltage drops below a certain level. Unless your California battery is fully charged then high resistance connections, such as the 12v socket you are using, or long cable runs can drop the voltage and switch the fridge off to protect the battery. Try another 12v socket or better still fit a dedicated socket with thicker wires suitably fused direct to the battery.

Ok i’ll try that. Many thanks everyone

Same happened to mine. Instead of replacing the controller I now use and external power supply I purchased from Aliexpress for less than £25
1687872810303.png

Back