Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water flow rate

S

simonizzy

VIP Member
Has anyone measured the flow rate of the water at the sink in the gc600. Ours is pityfully slow compared to our previous California. The dealer says this is normal as there are multiple taps which is obviously not relevant when we are only using one at a time. I measured it today at 1.6l/min. I know the pump is rated at 19 l/ min and realise that there are significant losses in these thin pipes etc but even so. I would be really grateful if anyone else has the time to measure their flow rate so I can decide whether to challenge the dealer further Thanks

It's across all vans. Someone else mentioned changing their pump for a faster flow rate one, but I have a feeling the issue is elsewhere such as the pipes themselves.

Has anyone measured the flow rate of the water at the sink in the gc600. Ours is pityfully slow compared to our previous California. The dealer says this is normal as there are multiple taps which is obviously not relevant when we are only using one at a time. I measured it today at 1.6l/min. I know the pump is rated at 19 l/ min and realise that there are significant losses in these thin pipes etc but even so. I would be really grateful if anyone else has the time to measure their flow rate so I can decide whether to challenge the dealer further Thanks
Hola, no se si el grifo del servicio te sale también poco caudal o te sale correctamente. Si es el segundo caso, el taller no tiene argumentación posible. En ese caso es el grifo.

Hola, no se si el grifo del servicio te sale también poco caudal o te sale correctamente. Si es el segundo caso, el taller no tiene argumentación posible. En ese caso es el grifo.
Hi the problem is I don’t know what the right flow is. I think in California the flow is around 4 or 5 l/ min but in my gc it’s 1.6 l/ min and the dealer says this is Normal.

I can’t help with the specifics of typical flow rates on the GC but simply increasing the pump flow rate won’t help much. The greater the pressure the greater the pressure drop, it’s all about the pipe diameter and length of runs. Small pipe and long runs = larger pressure drop.

Back