Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water tank limit cold temperature

EUGENIO

EUGENIO

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello! I live in Switzerland in St Moritz and i will buy soon a T6 California Ocean 204 4motion.
Sometimes i will sleep in the van in the winter too and the temperature can go down till -25.
Does anyone know if i can use water in the van if i use the heating in the night? Witch is the safe temperature limit? What risk of breaking at those temperatures?

Thanks Eugenio

Lots to read on the forum about camping in cold conditions and some topics also answering you Q on the roof topper .
IMG_1153.PNG

Never did camp in freezing conditions but as long as you heat the Cali inside(24h ) the water will not freeze i guess , but the drainpipes (fresh and waste water ) are located outside the verhicle (underneeth) and they will freeze and can get damaged i think .
Best to drain both tanks and leave the valve open . Use botlles of water or a small jerrycan .

Last edited:
I dont have a water tank built in, but the boot will reach 0 degrees even if the cabin is heated to 20 degrees. We had olive oil there for three days in Norway camping and it froze. Our fridge there never engaged the compressor.
Water bottles standing close to the walls of the van is close to freezing temperature. This in -10 to -20.
To answer your other question, we never could get our roof up arriving in -26C.
Here is from our trip:
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/ski-trip-with-california-beach-with-kids.17555/

Is the webasto the same in the Beach as the Cali, I always felt is produced a lot of hot air in the UK but the most our van saw was -7.

It can be added in the configutator but is 2.000€
If you buy used make sure it has luftstandheizung.

Back