Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortable temperature to camp in winter

K

Kuba

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi,
I have briefly scanned the forum and cannot find information about sleeping in Cali during winter.

Would you guys recommend 2011 T5 California Beach to sleep overnight in temperatures like -10 degree Celcius in a sleeping bag? Of course I consider sleeping in lower bed and heating system on. I just want feedback if this is feasible and comfortable or I should rather forget it for that freezing nights.

Cheers,
Kuba

Hi,
I have briefly scanned the forum and cannot find information about sleeping in Cali during winter.

Would you guys recommend 2011 T5 California Beach to sleep overnight in temperatures like -10 degree Celcius in a sleeping bag? Of course I consider sleeping in lower bed and heating system on. I just want feedback if this is feasible and comfortable or I should rather forget it for that freezing nights.

Cheers,
Kuba
All you can do is try it out. Personal preference really.

I have, through Eastern Europe in the lead up to Christmas a few years ago. A Pucer cover, and in a heavy sleeping bag.

If you have the Heater fitted then -10 is quite comfortable. I have often camped in those temperatures using a tog 10 duvet.

If you have the Heater fitted then -10 is quite comfortable. I have often camped in those temperatures using a tog 10 duvet.
And I bet you only had the heater on a low setting, I reckon you could go a lot colder.

Very doable. We have been in ca -15 Celsius, never needed to have the heater higher than 2.

I'm sure I read on here that there was one chap maybe Croatian that was camping down to -20 C. Although it could the post that Matt has listed above.

..me

With heater on, no problem. But areas like the rear storage areas will be close to freezing.

Guys,
Thank you very much for a lot of feedback. It seems that my wallet is going to be a lot thinner soon ;-) Kids are convinced. Now I need a strategy to convince my wife - hahaha...

Guys,
Thank you very much for a lot of feedback. It seems that my wallet is going to be a lot thinner soon ;-) Kids are convinced. Now I need a strategy to convince my wife - hahaha...

You could get the Cali thogether with a nice massive golden ring with some shiny diamonds ....sure she will fall for it!

Guys,
You could try and hire before you buy. This is a double edged sword of course.

:Nailbiting

..me

Back