Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

'we buy any motorhome' type websites?

A

andanotherthing

Hi all,

I'm guessing it's the wrong time of year, just after the NEC Motorhome Show etc, but I'm not having much joy with trading in my current vehicle for a Cali at VW Van Centres. It's a Romahome Hylo, so not the most common vehicle but still a few around.

So I was thinking of trying 'We Buy Any Motorhome .com' and similar sites. Has anyone ever tried using this way of selling, and if so were you successful?

Would it be too rude to ask what sort of money you'd be looking to achieve??

PM if you prefer.

andanotherthing said:
Hi all,

I'm guessing it's the wrong time of year, just after the NEC Motorhome Show etc, but I'm not having much joy with trading in my current vehicle for a Cali at VW Van Centres. It's a Romahome Hylo, so not the most common vehicle but still a few around.

So I was thinking of trying 'We Buy Any Motorhome .com' and similar sites. Has anyone ever tried using this way of selling, and if so were you successful?

Hi you could try advertising on the small motorhome camping website; :thumb

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/

John

Stu said:

PM if you prefer.

I did some research recently of all the same models currently advertised (all trade) and from memory saw a range from £17-21k. Mine is high mileage but with what I considered most desirable options so thought a dealer would sell for circa £19k, and private £17.5 k. Had trade in offers for £15k but not on VW Calis unfortunately.

John said:
Hi you could try advertising on the small motorhome camping website; :thumb

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/

John

My thoughts on selling privately are that there would likely be a gap between selling and ordering a Cali, and that winter wouldn't be the best time to rely solely on my motorbike for transport. Hence if I could get a quick deal on "we buy any .com" that would be the most convenient option although not the best financially. Just don't want contacting them to leave myself open to a mountain of spam.

I had a quote for my astra from 'we buy any car' last year before I pxd it for the Cali, was about right on the price & did not get any spam.

Thanks Andy. Sounds like it would be worth contacting them.

andanotherthing said:
Stu said:

PM if you prefer.

I did some research recently of all the same models currently advertised (all trade) and from memory saw a range from £17-21k. Mine is high mileage but with what I considered most desirable options so thought a dealer would sell for circa £19k, and private £17.5 k. Had trade in offers for £15k but not on VW Calis unfortunately.

My dad has been looking at these recently, thats why I ask.