Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We don't know we're born!

Freeley

Freeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I was googling for an overnight stopover in or near calais the other day and one result led me to a motorhome forum, and I couldn't believe what I was reading! It reinforced what I always thought about our forum being such a great community. There might be the odd "disagreement" but it's over quickly and helpful advice is in abundance.
This place on the other hand.....
http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/3/?displaytype=flat

Click on the "possible gas attacks?" thread (5179 posts and counting) and you'll see what I mean, the level of vitriol and hatred the posters have towards each other is something else.
Just goes to show how a forum can be ruined by the wrong group of people.

Blimey, some messed up people on there.

Anyone who is aggressive or gets personal on a forum is a failed dweeb with no life. So they have already "lost."

I don't think we have disagreements...

Oh yes we do!
The thing i don't get though....why keep the argument going page after page after page - and across other threads as well?? :doh
They must be addicted to it, they're probably half way through washing their motorhome (again) and suddenly think of a new insult and down tools.
I pity the fool who goes on there asking for advice :eek:

wrong.jpg

But no, seriously, I don't think we do

;-)

I've seen a couple of motorcycle forums degenerate into threats of violence and in one case a couple of chaps I know traveled a huge distance to confront a whole pub full of mentalists (who pretty much all hid!)

One of my all time favorite threads on a forum was this the the USA. The 'star' being a chap that became legendary, known as 'starcruiser'

http://www.fjrowners.com/forums/8-f...es-my-bike-ready-warp-speed-space-travel.html

We do try our best to keep it happy on here I think I have only banned about 5 members :thumb

Californiaman said:
But no, seriously, I don't think we do

;-)

I've seen a couple of motorcycle forums degenerate into threats of violence and in one case a couple of chaps I know traveled a huge distance to confront a whole pub full of mentalists (who pretty much all hid!)

One of my all time favorite threads on a forum was this the the USA. The 'star' being a chap that became legendary, known as 'starcruiser'

http://www.fjrowners.com/forums/8-f...es-my-bike-ready-warp-speed-space-travel.html
I wish I could write posts like Liquidsilver!

You lot want to try being a moderator on an history forum :D

Let no one say that the US Civil war, WW1 or WW2 are over. They are alive and well and even old Bonaparte never saw as much bloodshed at Waterloo as I have to mop up in just a cyber hour.

It's the ability in repeating beginners questions and all round professionalism from our mods not forgetting the occasional banter that does it for me. :D

Californiaman said:
I don't think we have disagreements...

Did I hear someone mention DSG v Manual :lol:

I'll get my coat ;)

Hubert

ps Just had to read all 17 pages of the link to the FJR forum, better than any serial on TV.

Back