Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

we want our cali back

inthemidnighthour

inthemidnighthour

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
cali now been in the garage for 8 days having the roof replaced under warranty should have been 2 days, but they are now waiting for a new roof lining to be sent from germany. So much for German efficiency !.
They have given us a vw shuttle as a courtesy vehicle , feesl like we should be transporting people to the airport in it.We hate it.
We want our cali back !!!

dave and lisa :cry:

You can always hire one :D

What's the roof bring replaced for? I've had one replaced due to a buckle when the bellows got stuck in the mechanism.

Must be so frustrating Dave, have they given you a date when the lining is due to arrive? I personally think when a Cali is in the garage for this long the dealer should pay for the hire of a California. Its like taking your Mercedes S Class in the Mercedes dealer and they give you a Fiat Panda as a courtesy car !

at handover the bellows didnt fold in properly and caught in the mechanism ,it buckled the roof and cut the bellows.We hadnt even driven our brand new cali .
its still been tooooooooooooo long !
they have told us about a week for the roof lining , they have obviously damaged the lining whilst replacing the roof , this better not drag on .
dave and lisa

That is some bad luck. I hope the dealer is offering compensation in some form.

Fair point. But the roof being damaged on handover?

well thats a dealwership best avoided
I'd raise the matter with VW Uk at MK..thats very bad..
our handover guy spent ages going thru every little detail to think about when operating roof..

yahoo
just had a phone call from dealers
the cali is ready and waiting for pick up tomorrow
better dig out my "fine tooth comb" for tommorrow !!!!
dave and lisa :barmy :barmy

went to pick cali up today
all looking good until they demonstrated new roof and
they have only fitted beach bellows so no window at the front
totally gutted again
another wait for another set of bellows :evil:
dave and lisa

Sorry to hear that folks. That must feel like another kick in the teeth.

I think you have been really patient with them Dave. I would of been demanding a full refund long before now. I dont think I would of accepted the van on handover as you did because at that point I think you had every right to refuse to take it. I know it will be great when they finally get it right for you but its just a major PITA for you now. When we spend the sort of money that we do on these vans we need to feel good about it afterwards and i bet you are feeling pretty crappy about the whole episode now.

Back