Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Webasto Thermo To C as a Cabin Heater

CooperSmith

CooperSmith

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi All,

I have a Webasto TTC factory fitted in my 2102 Caravelle which I know it's primary function is as an engine coolant heater. But having done some research I'd like to know peoples experiences who have converted it to a cabin heater by converting it using the upgrade kits found on places like Ebay. Can it be used as a night heater without draining the leisure battery? Is it noisier than the Webasto Air Heater?

I've also come across this accessory from Websato switch called "Thermo Top C Motorcaravan Switch" which allows you to supply the heat the cabin heating system without pre-heating the engine. Anyone got any information whether this can be done to a 5.1 or not?
Screen_Shot_2016_07_20_at_11_04_55.jpg

The engine coolant water heater runs off the engine starter battery and would use the dash blowers to distrbute the heat so it isn't really any good as a cabin heater unless it can be rewired.

I did look into getting the remote to allow use but decided to get the Webasto parking heater fitted in the end.

I think this is what I was looking at but was never 100% confident it was the right kit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281946852711?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I believe it runs from the engine battery and has a 30 minute limit for use too to avoid flattening your engine battery. You can fit a remote or telestart function to set timers or use wirelessly however I believe the auto on at 5c or below will stop working and need activating manually.

Matt that looks like the kit I fitted to my cali. Not used it much though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back