Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Well that's the electric hook up warning tested

Ladymuck

Ladymuck

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Got into the van (T6.1 Coast) today to nip out and get some groceries, turned on the ignition and the incessant beeping began, I thought it was because I didn't have my seatbelt on, put it on, still beeping, couldn't see any doors open etc and then the penny dropped, i'd put on the electric hook up the night before for it's monthly charge. Oops !
Thank goodness for the alarm, well done van/VW

It does unfortunately still rely on a bit of common sense from the driver.

I managed to ignore the annoying beeping on mine the other day whilst driving out of the garage. I knew I had the rear door open so I subconciously put the beeping down to that fact. Or maybe because manouvering the van in my garage is always accompanied by a lot of electronic beeping.

The weak point in the charging wire turned out to be the terminal screws in the 3-pin wall plug so nothing important damaged.

Would have been a good design feature for VW to have turned on the 4 way flashers at the same time as the buzzer with attempt to move with the mains connected.

Would have been a good design feature for VW to have turned on the 4 way flashers at the same time as the buzzer with attempt to move with the mains connected.
We need a software guru to get creative with Carista :thumb

Likewise I’ve gone for the analogue option.... also reminds me to check the handbrake before starting (in case I forgot to reset after swivelling seats), bikes that might still be chained to the rear wheel and driving forward off the levelling ramps.

But I also have a sign on the inside of the house front door to remind me to take a face mask out with me, yet I regularly forget...

7f89dabe673b921ab49c4a247ffb7d18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the same thing in Australia when visiting a Drive in. Ended up with an extra speaker in the car...

Back