Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel - German Display and Electric Cable warning

C

comsport11

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hello
When starting up this morning my 6.1 California told me that the electric power cable was still attached by beeping loudly and showing the electricity attached symbol. I hadn’t used the electricity at the site. I went to two VW service centres in the nearby town in Germany, but even after looking at it for over an hour, they had no idea. Heading off to Berlin, in search of a van centre, the sound stopped when the display randomly reset itself to German, turning off the fridge and stopping the sound. Alas, the sound and symbol returned just as we entered Berlin.
Does anyone know how to reset the language on the digital display (see image) and has anyone experienced the warning before and been able to fix it?
Thank you for your help.
JonathanIMG_6907.jpeg

You'll have to figure it out in German...

Screenshot_20230807-192809.png

The charger has a single signal output to pin 7 of J608. To reset J608 you pull 4 fuses. They are illustrated in the California supplement.

If that doesn't work you can try reset E153, the control panel proper. It's a fuse under the left seat, about 5A or so.

If your charger is faulty you can probably silence the warning by disconnecting the grey six pin connector from it. The charger is above the battery in the rear wardrobe. Last resort.

If you see a grey six pin connector near the fridge with violet red/yellow, brown and red wires it's the same current path and you could disconnect it for the same effect.

Screenshot_20230807-230448.png

Thank you Yossarian. I worked the language settings out when the buzzing in my ears had calmed down and will give your reset a go in the light of a new day. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to me. J

I suggest doing things in the following order based on ease:

Disconnect fuses 5 to 8 n the dash panel.
Reconnect fuses 5 to 8 in the dash panel.

If no improvement disconnect fuse 2 (30A Green) under the front left seat. This should reset the charger. You can leave this fuse out if you don't need the charger and replacing it makes things beep again.

To get to the front left seat fuses you can rotate the seat 90 deg and push it back.

If the above doesn't work try fuse 12 (Beige 5A)

There should be a puller tool inside the under dash fusebox.

Here's screen shots of the relevant fuses

Screenshot_20230808-083036.png

Screenshot_20230808-083904.png

Screenshot_20230808-083142.png

Pulling fuses should be much easier than finding and disconnecting the grey 6 pin connector.

Last edited:
Update - thank you onceagain as without your help, I would either have Betty in at a VW garage in Berlin (for a minimum of five days) or would be driving with the constant alarm ringing in my ear. I tried all of the suggestions in turn with the only solution in my case being to remove the fuse 2 under the passenger seat and keeping it out until power is needed via hookup.
I did call vw assist, but all they suggested was to drive to a vw garage (which I’d already done with no success). I shall book Betty in for a checkup when I return to the UK.

Have you tried plugging in some power. What happens then. And then unplugging it again. Maybe that would reset something that has forgot the cable isn't there