Westy T4 door mirror broken

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
I noticed today that my drivers' side (so nearside as I'm LHD) mirror housing has broken. It's the sprung legs that hold it in the folded position that have given way, so I guess I've after a complete new housing (both sides were very stiff to fold-in, which I have to do repeatedly where I park). It's snapped of it's own accord....not hit by anything).

Any clues of the best source of a replacement?......T4's have this 'One portrait, one landscape' thing going on. So the RHD replacements on ebay say they unsuitable for LHD. I'm not sure if that means unsuitable because it's the wrong format, or that the fixings are different (seems unlikely?). Existing is electric adjusted and heated.

Cheers for any thoughts.

I had to source glass for the same side a while ago. Used Veedub main dealer, special order from Germanyshire.

Tried EBay.de?

I just bought a RHD electric mirror off Just Kampers as mine was falling to bits. Its a Klokkerholm reproduction part and its quit good quality. I'm sure they must make LHD parts too but they didnt have them on JK

Sorted. 1 click. #maybetrickierafterbrexit
Thanks guys.

Mirror arrived Thursday from Germany 2pm. I asked her Monday 10pm. Not bad!

This one feels as stiff to fold-in as the originals. I'm not sure the exact warp speed the springs were calibrated for!

Mirror arrived Thursday from Germany 2pm. I asked her Monday 10pm. Not bad!

This one feels as stiff to fold-in as the originals. I'm not sure the exact warp speed the springs were calibrated for!
Prob for a Red i model ;-)

Back