Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wet carpet between driver and passenger seats

A

ArthurAndersen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Posting this to help inform the community.
I've been through pretty much every thread on this, and given the variety of root causes, I'll update you on my specific diagnosis. My 22 Ocean goes to Breeze Portsmouth tomorrow.

Last edited:
Given the number of 1 message new members who vanish overnight we eagerly await a reply with anticipation ;)

Given the number of 1 message new members who vanish overnight we eagerly await a reply with anticipation ;)
It'll be a pleasure!
I'm also getting a high pitched whine that correlates to a rumble being felt through the steering being investigated too. I registered Gloria in August, and whilst I've massively enjoyed Gloria (GL22, named by my 9yr old) she has had her problems.

It'll be a pleasure!
I'm also getting a high pitched whine that correlates to a rumble being felt through the steering being investigated too. I registered Gloria in August, and whilst I've massively enjoyed Gloria (GL22, named by my 9yr old) she has had her problems.
Ouch. Touch wood, apart from a few minor things I've fettled myself, zero issues since July.

The wet carpet fault was diagnosed as a disconnected roof drain pipe: the one which runs down the drivers side A pillar, and Steve at Breeze said that it very much was an assembly issue and that the drain wasn't at all blocked. Apparently there was water staining on the drivers side carpet over the wheel arch which helped the diagnosis - given other forum experiences, I did check for this, but not well enough.

It was initially estimated as being a Monday through Wednesday fix, but it took through to Friday before it was ready.

They also investigated the whine/steering rumble that I reported - but couldn't reproduce it, even having done 80km on varying road surfaces. It's one I'll need to do a better job of keeping an eye on, and attempt to video if and as it occurs.

Last edited:
Back