Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What are these plastic fittings/brackets for?

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I was sitting in our Cali the other day and I noticed these plastic brackets on either side of the top of the plastic frame surround on the inside of the sliding door. We were at the recent excellent Cali Club meet at the Lower Lode at the time and whilst I didn't get around to asking anyone about them, I did discover that not all Calis have them. It's probabably obvious but can anyone tell me their purpose or have I discovered another moulding fault? :)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Sorry about the quality of the photos.

Just been and had a look outside and mine has not got these. They look like they could be for a rail of sorts. Will be interesting to know what others say...

It must be a conversion and not a cali paul. Lol

I must say I have never seen it before you must be very special:thumb

I must say I have never seen it before you must be very special:thumb
Well it was one of the last T5s. Perhaps they had a few bits at the bottom of the parts bin to get rid of!
They must have some purpose though.

Could be for those sun screens that roll up from below ....did you bought new or sec. hand ?
If sec. hand it could be modified!

Don't caravelle executives have sunshades that are fitted to all the rear windows, when I borrowed one I seem to remember the blinds didn't need to be moved to be able to get out the door. Checking the brochure you can just about see the brackets on the door but there isn't a photo of them in use.

Could be for those sun screens that roll up from below ....did you bought new or sec. hand ?
If sec. hand it could be modified!
Hello hotel california,
Our cali was an ex demonstrator that we agreed to buy just days after the dealer had registered it. We were the first customers to sit in it so I think a modification is un-likely.

Hello hotel california,
Our cali was an ex demonstrator that we agreed to buy just days after the dealer had registered it. We were the first customers to sit in it so I think a modification is un-likely.

VW could have...

Don't caravelle executives have sunshades that are fitted to all the rear windows, when I borrowed one I seem to remember the blinds didn't need to be moved to be able to get out the door. Checking the brochure you can just about see the brackets on the door but there isn't a photo of them in use.
Our Caravelle has these for the sun shades that pull up from the bottom of the windows.

So it looks like they have used the trim from a Caravelle by mistake :headbang

Do you have pull up sunshades as well as the pull down blackout blind?

Hello Andy,
You may have the answer. Maybe a Caravelle door frame moulding found its way onto the California production line. If that is what has happened then the brackets may come in useful. Any suggestions welcomed.

If this is the answer then like coinage and stamps that have been minted or printed incorrectly, does this now mean that my Cali is worth much more than I paid for it? :thumb

VW quality control is getting better and better !

Has anyone else got something that shouldn't be there?

Mine left the factory with a caddy badge C20 TDI 140 lol

Hello Andy,
You may have the answer. Maybe a Caravelle door frame moulding found its way onto the California production line. If that is what has happened then the brackets may come in useful. Any suggestions welcomed.

If this is the answer then like coinage and stamps that have been minted or printed incorrectly, does this now mean that my Cali is worth much more than I paid for it? :thumb
It's the window trim from a VW Caravelle or Shuttle.
image.jpeg

That picture from @WelshGas does shows the same clips on top left and right of the window....guess the red arrow and rircle was in the pic.?

Thanks WG,
So my pedigree Cali has turned out to be a mongrel!
Whilst this mistake doesn't bother me, it doesn't say much for VW quality control!
But you know what they say, Mongrels live longer and have better health than Pedigrees!:thumb

Back