Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have I done?

G

Ghilliechief

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all. Having owned my 2016 T6 204hp ocean for two year now ive regrettably sold her back to vw Aberdeen. £43750 with 25000 on the clock, mint condition but was due a service and Timing belt. As much as we loved our Cali as it ticked most of the boxes we really pined for a fixed bed and shower/ toilet etc. We were going to sell through the site but felt that at that kind of money people would be looking for a warranty and possibly a loan and would need the confidence of a vw dealer. I know. No one likes a car salesman, goodness knows what he sold it on for. Anyway we have ordered a MAN tge 4x4 with all the boxes ticked £50 k and an other 40 k for the conversion by Celtic conversions in Wales. “No money left for the therapy classes ”
Regards
Sean and Gail

Hi all. Having owned my 2016 T6 204hp ocean for two year now ive regrettably sold her back to vw Aberdeen. £43750 with 25000 on the clock, mint condition but was due a service and Timing belt. As much as we loved our Cali as it ticked most of the boxes we really pined for a fixed bed and shower/ toilet etc. We were going to sell through the site but felt that at that kind of money people would be looking for a warranty and possibly a loan and would need the confidence of a vw dealer. I know. No one likes a car salesman, goodness knows what he sold it on for. Anyway we have ordered a MAN tge 4x4 with all the boxes ticked £50 k and an other 40 k for the conversion by Celtic conversions in Wales. “No money left for the therapy classes ”
Regards
Sean and Gail
@Ghilliechief , did you order the MAN TGE 4x4 with the Seikel Kit? Also did you go for a MWB? I have also been looking at (only looking at, not considering as of now), some of the Celtic conversions and they do a top Job. Did see a video on YouTube of one of their MAN conversions and really impressed by their work.

Appreciate if you can keep us posted on the conversion and also show us when the vehicle arrives in its basic state.

That is a great call and can enable worldwide travels for you. Enjoy!

@Ghilliechief , did you order the MAN TGE 4x4 with the Seikel Kit? Also did you go for a MWB? I have also been looking at (only looking at, not considering as of now), some of the Celtic conversions and they do a top Job. Did see a video on YouTube of one of their MAN conversions and really impressed by their work.

Appreciate if you can keep us posted on the conversion and also show us when the vehicle arrives in its basic state.

That is a great call and can enable worldwide travels for you. Enjoy!
Hi thanks for the speedy reply.
I went for the MAN 4x4 MWB high roof. It’s a VW Crafter with 3 different badges and less expensive plus the break down and back up is far superior as it’s VW commercial arm. I went for a fully loaded vehicle , including the under body protection and diff lock. It even parks itself. Once I have the vehicle I will consider raising the suspension although I’ve updated this on the options. I will replace the tyres/ wheels black rino and BF Goodrich. I was going for a Max fan and roof vent, lazer bar and roof rack with solar and lithium batteries but may drive to north Spain to Noranz and get them to install their pop top instead. I did view a grand Cali but there was nothing grand about it which took me down this route. I’m booked in for December with Ed at Celtic , if my van appears by then as Man contacted me last week to say there’s a delay due to semiconductors. Still doing my research on what’s what and I am spending a lot of money but when finished it will be far nicer and higher spec that any grand Cali, in my humble opinion .
P. S. I will alway miss my Cali ocean
Regards
Sean.

Hi thanks for the speedy reply.
I went for the MAN 4x4 MWB high roof. It’s a VW Crafter with 3 different badges and less expensive plus the break down and back up is far superior as it’s VW commercial arm. I went for a fully loaded vehicle , including the under body protection and diff lock. It even parks itself. Once I have the vehicle I will consider raising the suspension although I’ve updated this on the options. I will replace the tyres/ wheels black rino and BF Goodrich. I was going for a Max fan and roof vent, lazer bar and roof rack with solar and lithium batteries but may drive to north Spain to Noranz and get them to install their pop top instead. I did view a grand Cali but there was nothing grand about it which took me down this route. I’m booked in for December with Ed at Celtic , if my van appears by then as Man contacted me last week to say there’s a delay due to semiconductors. Still doing my research on what’s what and I am spending a lot of money but when finished it will be far nicer and higher spec that any grand Cali, in my humble opinion .
P. S. I will alway miss my Cali ocean
Regards
Sean.
Once you have your MAN converted, the only time you will remember/miss your Cali Ocean is when you have a 2m barrier in front of you :D

That is an awesome overlanding spec vehicle.

Agree, even I was not impressed with the Grand Cali as it does not meet any of my needs. There are far better conversions ... but some of the good conversions are on the FIAT Ducato chasis, which, for some reason, does not impress me. Maybe the one that I drove a few years ago was very underpowered and not good at all.

Oh, the semiconductor supply may delay ... but it will all be worth the wait in the end. :thumb

@Ghilliechief , hope all well with you. Apologies for being nosey ... but yours is an exciting built and very close to what I want to do ... and hence the query. Did you manage to get your MAN delivered? Has the component shortages impacted delivery in any way? Hope all is on schedule for you to get your van built as the travel restrictions ease

Back