Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

what is the Best campsite guide for spain

sue.h

sue.h

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a campsite guide for spain.

ACSI or perhaps just a generic campsite guide?

cheers

ACSI is good, and it's worth having the DVD as well. The reason is that the Camping Card guide only covers the sites that give out of season rates (12/14/16 Euros per night) whereas the DVD is a guide to all 8k + sites that have been inspected.

I also bought the Guia Oficial de Campings de Espania which is comprehensive but turgid - I believe it's the official spanish tourist authority guide to authorised sites.

Maybe Alan Rogers? I've found this to be generally pretty accurate for French sites but don't have any direct experience of the Spanish version. There is a well structured Alan Rogers iPhone app that has loads of reviews including around 250 for Spain

Thanks for such a comprehensive reply. I didn't realise the situation re the acsi so that's very good Info

Thanks again

Going to Spain in late summer. What is the ASCI? What does it stand for etc?

Cheers. Total newbie to Spain in a Cali

CampingCard ACSI - this is a low season discount card
www.campingcard.co.uk
I have jst ordered the guide and card and i will let you know when it arrives. Follow the link above. It is off peak special prices ad from what i gather is not for july or august

Thanks for the link.... Should help our plans for September trip

:clap Martin

I've used the ACSI website to book our campsites for our month in Spain and France. Spanish campsites are very expensive so the discount card is very handy (up until 30th June).

We have Guia Oficial de Campings de Espania good but we found Alan Rodgers guide to be the best. Stayed at three campsites 2 years back and all the campsites were brilliant. They are accurate and you can be sure to know what you will get...

Update on the acsi card. In june we were saving approx 8 euros with the card per night, so it was well worth getting. Thanks for the advice to buy it

We used a couple of ACSI sites - the card saved us a fortune at one!

We found that campsites were a lot less common in Spain than in France and often quite pricey but mostly decent enough.

We tended to look for an ACSI site, drive to the area and occasionally stayed somewhere else if it was close to the sea.
ACSI sites do have a minimum standard though so their sites tend to be fairly decent.

Shout if you need any recommendations in Northern Spain/Basque Country.