Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is the purpose of this metal hook under the bed?

It’s looks like it’s for holding the metal bed frame up similar to the one used on a car bonnet.

It’s looks like it’s for holding the metal bed frame up similar to the one used on a car bonnet.
You may be right. I hoped it could be used to raise the back section of the mattress to give a comfortable reclining area with feet up on the front two sections but it doesn’t look robust enough and there is not one on the other side to balance it.

You may be right. I hoped it could be used to raise the back section of the mattress to give a comfortable reclining area with feet up on the front two sections but it doesn’t look robust enough and there is not one on the other side to balance it.
Which vehicle have you got?

here it is, taken this morning, with all the usual clutter on a campsite in Normandy.IMG_0670.jpeg

In case anyone is curious - two Charentais melons are ripening on the dashboard.

T5.1 SE.
That's the stay to hold up the top of the multiplex to aid loading the boot space. The T6.1 has the facility to recline the multiplex top when in bed mode.
The awning legs should be vertical to avoid stressing the hinges and ideally a guy rope attached to each leg at the swivel and then winding the awning in to tension against the guys. Makes for a more rigid structure , stops the awning material flapping and rubbing against the roof beams and less angular stress on the hinges/swivels.

Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. I have straightened the poles.
My 84-year-old macular husband of 57 years would almost certainly fall over a guy rope!

Back