Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Any idea's for something I can buy ?
But use as a day van, no sleeping inside, height adjustable seat.
need to do 10K p.a. motorway miles. (Heated seat, adaptable cruise, LED headlights)
But useful to work inside, could have a table, to work at, and a meal.
I have EF2 Delta, so Coffee machine, Vango roar, to make some ready prepper meals.
Any suggestions, as I am at a loss here.
Going to go and sit in a LWB Multivan tomorrow at Birmingham and see what the seat is like.
Although no guarantee the height adjustable seat would be in the new Cali.
The new Cali is growing on me, as it fits my needs for a work mobile nicely. although, might stick with a Multivan LWB as it comes with an auxiliary heater !
Nice!

I'm sure I've seen the height adjustable seat in one or more of the California reviews - definitely the tall German guy (Thomas ?) using it ...

It will be interesting to see the price differential between California & Multivan when we get the UK configurator.

If you're not going to sleep in it, then I've been impressed by the Caddy Maxi when I've borrowed one for the day as a Service loan car - plenty of options to move seats around and setup a laptop and powerbank etc in the back. Have a sit in one whilst you're at the Dealership.

Last edited:
Caravelle?

I'm sure I've seen the height adjustable seat in one or more of the California reviews - definitely the tall German guy (Thomas ?) using it ...

It will be interesting to see the price differential between California & Multivan when we get the UK configurator.

If you're not going to sleep in it, then I've been impressed by the Caddy Maxi when I've borrowed one for the day as a Service loan car - plenty of options to move seats around and setup a laptop and powerbank etc in the back. Have a sit in one whilst you're at the Dealership.
Good Idea, if its just for me, and my bags and tings.
I'll take a look at the Caddy Maxi. I guess its not as high driving position though ?

DTD offering 4K off the price of a new 2.0 Diesel too.

Does it need to be a van?
What about an SUV… Defender?

Does it need to be a van?
What about an SUV… Defender?
I love the sliding door, and being able to easily put my bags on the floor behind the drivers seat.
Wifey has Defender 110 XS 7 seater with tow bar, so thats the caravan tugger sorted.

It’s
I love the sliding door, and being able to easily put my bags on the floor behind the drivers seat.
Wifey has Defender 110 XS 7 seater with tow bar, so thats the caravan tugger sorted.
looking like a Multivan then! I wonder if dealers are matching DtD. I’m presuming they still go through Eurovans.
For another left field option… Toyota Proace Verso VIP. Probably the same price as a Multivan though.

Oh man, I’ve watched the new California concept video 3 times now.
And see 4 way lumbar adjustment (like on a MAN3.180 Sven Hedin)
And also a height adjuster.
The seats look sublime in the California T7 concept MV.
Good job I’ve kept the money in the bank.
Might have to just order a starlight blue Cali concept !
The Kato’s will fit straight on as well ;)

Oh man, I’ve watched the new California concept video 3 times now.
And see 4 way lumbar adjustment (like on a MAN3.180 Sven Hedin)
And also a height adjuster.
The seats look sublime in the California T7 concept MV.
Good job I’ve kept the money in the bank.
Might have to just order a starlight blue Cali concept !
The Kato’s will fit straight on as well ;)
I think you’ve narrowed it down nicely :)

I think you’ve narrowed it down nicely :)
And !!
Says on the German configurator.
Both seats are rotatable and height adjustment !!
IMG_2658.jpeg

I was wondering about the aux heater in the Multivan, whether it's the actual parking heater or an engine aux heater.

I really like my T6.1 but the seat isn't as comfortable (for me) as the kombi or PV as they had the height adjustment and were a better fit. I know the Cali seat is bigger as I had to have different seat covers too.

So this is a good thread for me.

I have done a conversion on a Caddy Maxi Van, The microwave and Tassimo machine both work on either electric hookup or Inverter, it has 2 x110 amp hour leisure batteries so the inverter can run the microwave for about 30mins on one charge. My father doesn't cook but like to camp

20190406_154351_HDR.jpg

I have done a conversion on a Caddy Maxi Van, The microwave and Tassimo machine both work on either electric hookup or Inverter, it has 2 x110 amp hour leisure batteries so the inverter can run the microwave for about 30mins on one charge. My father doesn't cook but like to camp

View attachment 126333
What’s under the handles in the roof ?

Great for solo camping :thumb
Yeah, we went all around trying to find someone who would fit a single burner hob, sink, coffee machine, microwave and toilet and a swivelling seat in a caddy and no one would or could so we did it ourselves, its a Caddy Maxi Van 1.6TDi DSG.

I was wondering about the aux heater in the Multivan, whether it's the actual parking heater or an engine aux heater.

I really like my T6.1 but the seat isn't as comfortable (for me) as the kombi or PV as they had the height adjustment and were a better fit. I know the Cali seat is bigger as I had to have different seat covers too.

So this is a good thread for me.
The petrol variants wouldn’t need an engine coolant heater. Petrol engines warm up quicker than diesel.

Back