Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What's the best European weather forcast website?

Skylark2.0

Skylark2.0

The adventure with Starlight Expess begins
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We are looking at the forcast in mid Germany and it's cold (10 deg C) is opptimistic. Currently sleeting. Not inspiring for next week at all.
Where would you look for a forcast that would be reliable enough to send you hurtling off in your Cali to look chase some sun and something warmer?!
I know the heating works and I have ordered an insulated screen but just think there might be another option!
All help and suggestions gratefully received!

The best I have found so far is weather.com:
http://www.weather.com/

It seems pretty accurate for 5-10 days & you can also get hourly forecasts for the next day or 2.

But you can only check place-by-place.

So I would still like to find a site which shows a map of all of Europe with projected temperatures in colour for the next 5-10 days...

Meteox.com actually does that, but I find it difficult to use:
http://www.meteox.com/forecastloop.aspx?type=0#

It would be simpler if you could just select maximum temperatures per day, instead of having to sift through data for every 3 hours.
If anybody finds how to make better use of the information on this site - thanks in advance!

You could always try the good old Met Office.
The father of one of my mothers friends was chief met officer for the RAF in WW2 and he said that they got it right most of the time over Germany.
Beats me why the forecast here is so often wrong nowadays 70 years on with all the modern kit.

I use accuweather.com

It got the Loire weather spot on for this week, from 8 days ago when the Met Office were forecasting high winds and rain.

Clearly a better class of seaweed being used.

I use accuweather.com

It got the Loire weather spot on for this week, from 8 days ago when the Met Office were forecasting high winds and rain.

Clearly a better class of seaweed being used.
Oh yeah, like Accuweather, particularly the extended forecast for ease of viewing.
Sod Germany, South of France here we come! No more thermal trousers time to find the shorts...
Must admit, a bit scary planning to be spontaneous like this :shocked:Nailbiting:bananadance

Try this one for a great animation view.

Select country on the right, then just hover your mouse over the day/date on the left (or just play the animation).

There is also a smartphone app available.

Forecast.io. also has a good animation, put it in regional view to get the best view. There are also satellite maps of rainfall etc and an app.

Even though they use several sources the forecast for more than a few days out generally turns out different on the actual day. Half way through our recent trip we were expecting a couple of days of heavy rain which never materialised.

Back