Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What's your favourite tipple?

A

AndyandLiz

VIP Member
Saturday night and on my 3rd can of Speckled Hen to try and blot out all the :censor on TV, so what does everyone drink in here?

I'm afraid I am a larger lout :barmy :barmy fosters or becks. :D :eek:ops had to many already. :bleh :bleh

Ale! nice and hoppy as local as I can find :) Whisky or rum and ginger beer

Mostly Guiness and more Guiness... and sometimes Summer Lightning when its on. :D

Mmmmm Hop back anything generally goes down well!

Leffe Blonde especially when in France as its a fraction of the price it is here, Highland Park single malt and a good local ale when visiting a pub.

Highland Park eh? Excellent. Glenfarclas in the same vein (although a different locale).
But I rather like the peat too, so any Ardbeg.

As for real ale: RCH Pitchfork and anything on pump 3, 7 or 8 (ie good English bitter) of the Three Judges pub, West End Glasgow.
Best real ale house around - thanks to good ol' Angela.

For exotic moments a margarita cadillac with proper tequila gold (non of this stuff produced in the UK with brown dye also called 'gold').
On the rocks - no slush.

Oh dear: there's a thirst coming on ...

coordinated said:
Ale! Whisky! Ale finished in whisky casks! ;-)
Have you tried the Innes and Gunn range?

For me; real ale and preferable local. I also brew my own; so easy nowadays and tastes fabulous and around 50p a pint (once you have bought the kit)
Shani; although she will drink beer she prefers wine....in all it's forms! She also does wine kits!!

Iain&Shani said:
coordinated said:
Ale! Whisky! Ale finished in whisky casks! ;-)
Have you tried the Innes and Gunn range?

I have! Delicious and deceptively strong :) The rum one's almost as good as the whisky one.

Iain&Shani said:
For me; real ale and preferable local. I also brew my own; so easy nowadays and tastes fabulous and around 50p a pint (once you have bought the kit)

We should try that too one of the days. Mate at work has a separate cider shed!

Iain&Shani said:
Shani; although she will drink beer she prefers wine....in all it's forms! She also does wine kits!!

Like wine too. It's all good :)

Steve

I don't like advocaat, apart from that I am game for most things.
My favourite chanegs with mood and what I have been doing.
For emotional impact I have vivid memories of having chilled lager in ice cold glasses on hot days in France with my Dad. The temp diffentials meant that you got dew forming and then running down the outside like from the scene at the end of the film Ice Cold in Alex (or the Carlsberg advert). :cool: :thumb

I am a big JD fan. Also enjoy leffe blond and dark, most Weiss beers etc. We have two bottles of also gin and a bottle of blackberry brandy that are about to come of age. Hmmmm.

also red wine. Quantity rather than quality.

oh, maybe the odd Guinness or cider on a warm day.

Californiaman said:
I am a big JD fan. Also enjoy leffe blond and dark, most Weiss beers etc. We have two bottles of also gin and a bottle of blackberry brandy that are about to come of age. Hmmmm.

also red wine. Quantity rather than quality.

oh, maybe the odd Guinness or cider on a warm day.

Mark, How do you fit all that in the Fridge ? :D

the trick is to keep it turning over...

coordinated said:
"Home brew" We should try that too one of the days. Mate at work has a separate cider shed!
Steve
http://www.the-online-homebrew-company.co.uk/ I got the Woodefordes Wherry starter kit from this site and now buy all my stuff from a local Home Brew shop. The "Wherry" turns out a fabulous beer. I barrel mine; a mate bottles a third and barrels the rest. I haven't worked out what I'll do for "Cali" drinking yet!!
Iain

A decent ale - I like all sorts, nice lager, a good single malt, fine(ish!) wine. All depends on the situation/food/mood!

product_3618_large.jpg

We head off to beer festivals both in the UK and on the continent quite frequently in New Frank (California) btw he will eventually drop the new tag, but we liked Old Frank so much we had to keep the name, its a bit like Dr Who re-generating. Anyway I'm waffling back onto favourite tipple, enjoy Belgian and Dutch craft beers and a lot of UK beers, the breweries below are amongst my favourites.

Off to Leeds this weekend where we will probably go to Leeds Beer Festival at Pudsey tomorrow. Then next week off to Brussels and will attend the Jette beer festival on the Saturday. We love this beer festival lark, :p late April we head to to Eizeringen for The night of the Great Thirst and the following day to Leuven, Belgium for the Zythos Beer Festival late May we are nipping along to Buggenhout for the Weekend of Spontaneous Fermentation whilst on our way south on holiday to the Bavarian Alps. We enjoy Lambic and Geuze beers from Belgium.

UK
Thornbridge - Derbyshire
Magic Rock - W.Yorkshire
Kernel - London
Marble - G.Manchester
Dark Star - W.Sussex

Belgium
Boon
Struise
De Dolle

Netherlands
De Molen
Emelisse

I love a martini but which is the correct way to make one? Gin or vodka 10/1 or 5 /1 i prefer vodka in a chilled glass with 6/1 mix with an olive with a stone. The Noilly Prat extra dry and good Vodka. Absolut. All over ice.

Apparently the New Scientist did some research on whether it should be shaken and not stirred. They feel it should be shaken because the molecules actually cool more quickly. Glad to hear these guys have their priorities.
Some say you should squeeze an olive or even the juice from the bottle into the mix. Even a twist of lime.
James Bond prefers shaken!

This thread is brilliant - Well I've been away from home for 6 days and tonight my favourite tipple for some reason is 4 pints of Cobra Mmmmmmm :laugh2

Back